I'm a player in a campaign. I can't view another player's character sheet in the same campaign.
Multiple people, including the player, have confirmed it's set to campaign-only, not private.
I can see other character sheets in the same campaign.
Just wondering if there are any other settings that might deny access.
The only thing that's perhaps odd about the character sheet is that it's a warlock-artificer. We created using the 5.5e ruleset but the new artificer was not out yet when we created it--so it's got the older 5e artificer class on it. I suppose they could be gaslighting me, but I doubt it. We generally only need to glance at it if we need to help run their character when they're not present.
This issue has also cropped up elsewhere, seemingly making random character sheets (set to campaign-only) un-viewable.
Have you tried opening it directly from the campaign page? If you're using the player's public share link (when public sharing is disabled), that could be why you can't access it.
Do you get the same issue in another browser or on another device?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Have you tried opening it directly from the campaign page? If you're using the player's public share link (when public sharing is disabled), that could be why you can't access it.
Do you get the same issue in another browser or on another device?
From the campaign page, there's simply no link to view the sheet. The only option is "View Player Profile" under the character's picture. And it's just for two players. The others have the "View" link.
And, yeah, multiple browsers don't show anything different (firefox, chrome, and Brave)
I haven't tried opening it from a link they provided; I'll ask them when next we play. That would be an interesting test. Thanks!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I'm a player in a campaign. I can't view another player's character sheet in the same campaign.
Multiple people, including the player, have confirmed it's set to campaign-only, not private.
I can see other character sheets in the same campaign.
Just wondering if there are any other settings that might deny access.
The only thing that's perhaps odd about the character sheet is that it's a warlock-artificer. We created using the 5.5e ruleset but the new artificer was not out yet when we created it--so it's got the older 5e artificer class on it. I suppose they could be gaslighting me, but I doubt it. We generally only need to glance at it if we need to help run their character when they're not present.
This issue has also cropped up elsewhere, seemingly making random character sheets (set to campaign-only) un-viewable.
Anyone else running into this?
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorWhat happens when you view it, exactly?
Have you tried opening it directly from the campaign page? If you're using the player's public share link (when public sharing is disabled), that could be why you can't access it.
Do you get the same issue in another browser or on another device?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
From the campaign page, there's simply no link to view the sheet. The only option is "View Player Profile" under the character's picture. And it's just for two players. The others have the "View" link.
And, yeah, multiple browsers don't show anything different (firefox, chrome, and Brave)
I haven't tried opening it from a link they provided; I'll ask them when next we play. That would be an interesting test. Thanks!