The new DnD Beyond Maps Condition Icons are great, however I have encountered a bug that affects monsters only, which is arguably the worst outcome, as monsters are the most likely to be subjected to conditions. :(
When toggling a condition on for a monster, it shows up as an icon for both me & my players under their name, as intended. However, when I toggle the condition off on my side the icon itself does not disappear on the players side. I can recreate this by clicking the "Spectator View" on Maps.
That having been said, this only happens to the last condition applied to a monster. For example: If I apply Prone condition, and then toggle it off. It will not go away for the players. If I however apply Prone and Stunned, then toggle off prone, it will disappear, but when I try to toggle off Stunned that then becomes the condition that will not remove. If I re-apply Prone and then toggle off Stunned, it will then disappear, but as a result Prone is then the condition that will not disappear (I hope that makes sense!).
I have not been able to find any work around other than not using the new icons, which is a shame, because they are very good and I would like to use them.
The new DnD Beyond Maps Condition Icons are great, however I have encountered a bug that affects monsters only, which is arguably the worst outcome, as monsters are the most likely to be subjected to conditions. :(
When toggling a condition on for a monster, it shows up as an icon for both me & my players under their name, as intended.
However, when I toggle the condition off on my side the icon itself does not disappear on the players side. I can recreate this by clicking the "Spectator View" on Maps.
That having been said, this only happens to the last condition applied to a monster. For example:
If I apply Prone condition, and then toggle it off. It will not go away for the players.
If I however apply Prone and Stunned, then toggle off prone, it will disappear, but when I try to toggle off Stunned that then becomes the condition that will not remove. If I re-apply Prone and then toggle off Stunned, it will then disappear, but as a result Prone is then the condition that will not disappear (I hope that makes sense!).
I have not been able to find any work around other than not using the new icons, which is a shame, because they are very good and I would like to use them.
Is anyone else having this issue?
Bump. Is no one else having this issue?
I checked this week after the bug fixes, but it is still happening? Anyone know a fix?