I have 12 Goblins in groups of 4. I want each group to move together, rather than individual initiatives. If I Group the goblins on the map, when they're added to the Encounter Tracker, the group is just lumped in with all the Goblins. If I split the Goblin Group, then they have scattered initiatives.
Is there a way, or can we get a way, to run initiative for a group together, manually selected?
I would accept worst modifier in a group as the roll, such as if they were included with a Hobgoblin, they'd roll at +2 for the Goblins even though the Hobgoblin has +3, because he has to wait for the whole group to keep up.
This would make combat a bit easier to feel realistic, like small unit combat, where all the archers fire, then the melee group moves up, and the flankers move to the side. Right now either they all go together, they all go scattered and piecemeal, or I have to manually pick initiatives.
I have 12 Goblins in groups of 4. I want each group to move together, rather than individual initiatives. If I Group the goblins on the map, when they're added to the Encounter Tracker, the group is just lumped in with all the Goblins. If I split the Goblin Group, then they have scattered initiatives.
Is there a way, or can we get a way, to run initiative for a group together, manually selected?
I would accept worst modifier in a group as the roll, such as if they were included with a Hobgoblin, they'd roll at +2 for the Goblins even though the Hobgoblin has +3, because he has to wait for the whole group to keep up.
This would make combat a bit easier to feel realistic, like small unit combat, where all the archers fire, then the melee group moves up, and the flankers move to the side. Right now either they all go together, they all go scattered and piecemeal, or I have to manually pick initiatives.
You could make a swarm stat block, but other than that, not many things you could do on DDB, that I know of
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
Scenario:
I have 12 Goblins in groups of 4. I want each group to move together, rather than individual initiatives. If I Group the goblins on the map, when they're added to the Encounter Tracker, the group is just lumped in with all the Goblins. If I split the Goblin Group, then they have scattered initiatives.
Is there a way, or can we get a way, to run initiative for a group together, manually selected?
I would accept worst modifier in a group as the roll, such as if they were included with a Hobgoblin, they'd roll at +2 for the Goblins even though the Hobgoblin has +3, because he has to wait for the whole group to keep up.
This would make combat a bit easier to feel realistic, like small unit combat, where all the archers fire, then the melee group moves up, and the flankers move to the side. Right now either they all go together, they all go scattered and piecemeal, or I have to manually pick initiatives.
You could make a swarm stat block, but other than that, not many things you could do on DDB, that I know of
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
Yeah, what I'm asking for would require Maps VTT backend changes. Not something I can do right now.