Agree 100%. This was the first question I had after watching the video, since I am looking to start running Curse of Strahd with Death House and wanted to auto-populate the map with the tokens and info. Doesn't seem like there is a way? With AI almost seems like this would be a no-brainer to get them to do.
Agree 100%. This was the first question I had after watching the video, since I am looking to start running Curse of Strahd with Death House and wanted to auto-populate the map with the tokens and info. Doesn't seem like there is a way? With AI almost seems like this would be a no-brainer to get them to do.
Keep AI outta my DND.
Better solution:Measure how much time it actually takes to put the tokens on vs how much you THINK it takes, & see if your worries are founded.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
Agree 100%. This was the first question I had after watching the video, since I am looking to start running Curse of Strahd with Death House and wanted to auto-populate the map with the tokens and info. Doesn't seem like there is a way? With AI almost seems like this would be a no-brainer to get them to do.
I believe this is something the devs have said they want to do, but it'd be time consuming and is a lower priority than a lot of other things.
Also (THANKFULLY) they've said they have no intention of using AI for anything like this, or anything else. I for one wholeheartedly support keeping water guzzling, IP stealing slop engines out of D&D. That is the no-brainer
I like the scene prep in the drops, but I'm not sure how I feel about doing it with the published adventures. I keep thinking about how much work I would have to do to adjust it for my party. It feels like one of those things that seems convenient at first glance but would actually be inconvenient because of all the work to reconfigure it when it would have been easier to just do it the way I need it the first time. Which actually is the perfect segue to AI because it's a sham that conveys the illusion of convenience but it always turns out to just be better to do the job right yourself the first time instead.
I like the scene prep in the drops, but I'm not sure how I feel about doing it with the published adventures. I keep thinking about how much work I would have to do to adjust it for my party. It feels like one of those things that seems convenient at first glance but would actually be inconvenient because of all the work to reconfigure it when it would have been easier to just do it the way I need it the first time. Which actually is the perfect segue to AI because it's a sham that conveys the illusion of convenience but it always turns out to just be better to do the job right yourself the first time instead.
Pre-scene prep'd maps have non-prepped versions too. Drops already has ready prep'd maps and you can just select the non-prepped version instead, like with Drop In Encounters
I saw some of the Drops come ready with scene prep done for them. Are there plans to have official adventures come with it all filled out too?
Agree 100%. This was the first question I had after watching the video, since I am looking to start running Curse of Strahd with Death House and wanted to auto-populate the map with the tokens and info. Doesn't seem like there is a way? With AI almost seems like this would be a no-brainer to get them to do.
Keep AI outta my DND.
Better solution:Measure how much time it actually takes to put the tokens on vs how much you THINK it takes, & see if your worries are founded.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
And I just spent the entire day yesterday doing all of this scene prepping, so YES it is a valid request. And the AI thing is your opinion.
I believe this is something the devs have said they want to do, but it'd be time consuming and is a lower priority than a lot of other things.
Also (THANKFULLY) they've said they have no intention of using AI for anything like this, or anything else. I for one wholeheartedly support keeping water guzzling, IP stealing slop engines out of D&D. That is the no-brainer
Find my D&D Beyond articles here
I like the scene prep in the drops, but I'm not sure how I feel about doing it with the published adventures. I keep thinking about how much work I would have to do to adjust it for my party. It feels like one of those things that seems convenient at first glance but would actually be inconvenient because of all the work to reconfigure it when it would have been easier to just do it the way I need it the first time. Which actually is the perfect segue to AI because it's a sham that conveys the illusion of convenience but it always turns out to just be better to do the job right yourself the first time instead.
Pre-scene prep'd maps have non-prepped versions too. Drops already has ready prep'd maps and you can just select the non-prepped version instead, like with Drop In Encounters
Find my D&D Beyond articles here