Game: D&D 5e (2014) Group type: Online Experience: Heavy Rp and Combat Schedule: Sundays every week, starting 18:00 CST and ending 21:00 CST. Roles sought: Player (One) Game style: Story and Rp heavy with complicated combat mechanics and heavily homebrewed characters and items.
Hello, I'm Cani. A long time dm for dnd with a flair for the unique. I ask for players to think outside the box and prioritise the story over perfection. I write my games like free flowing books and love engaging with players who make their character one to be remembered. So you as a player should be someone who takes role playing seriously. Additionally, I treat players as unique within the story. Every character I play with has a special item often as complex and powerful as an entire class. So, Players should expect more options during combat, both from yourself, other players, and the enemies. Me and my group has been playing for nearly a year, and are looking for someone new.
Now, for the story.
The world of Eer'hwol is long and storied, shrouded with history lost to war. When Gods walked the earth, naught but ruins and scars remain to remember. Ages have passed, and the stories of the Calamity still ring in the minds of children through fables and stories. Centuries ago, a great conqueror washed over the lands. His rule was iron, his armiy fiends. A group of fabled warriors sealed this great conqueror away, ripping his home island from the waking world and placing it in the realm of the dead. Abadon's Folly was a memory, etched in history. What happened since, no one knows. Many have found their way to this hidden prison, but none have ever escaped. But the stories of the devil king, trapped on his island with his tortured kingdom will always be spoken.
You, traveller, are one of them. Either born here, in Abadon's Folly, or unfortunate enough to find yourself here. In the land of fiends and devils, dead and dying, your story will be written. 2 weeks have passed since a strange group has appeared, making a name for themselves. Were you like them? Brought here by forces of fate and divine intervention into this unfamiliar world. Or, were you born here? Hearing the rumors of these strange heros and deciding to join them.
What you should know, I formulate my games with a certain flow. To begin, the invitation will be open until Wednesday of this week. I'll interview everyone before bringing you in, and let you know come Wednesday if you'll be joining. Following that, I'll get you to write a backstory with some character details and things to work off of. From there, you and I will have 2 seperate sessions. 1 will be your precampaign. The days (or weeks, depending) Right before the game starts. That way you jump into the first session already familiar with your character. And the second will be a session built entirely around your backstory. An important event or something in that vain. Your backstory matters, and I want you to feel that.
For character creation, you will start at level 7 with Point Buy,Milestone, and 2014 rules (The party is close to leveling up, so be ready for that). We play on Dnd Beyond and Roll 20. Humans have been fully homebrewed, and some races have been disallowed or limited (Lore reasons, so think warforged). You will start with your choice of an amount of gold up to 1500 gp (whatever makes sense) or items bought within that price range. You will also start with 1 rare item, 2 uncommon (or lower) items, and 1 special item. This item will be hand crafted to give your character a specific feel. You will have full control of this item (With my hand at balancing) to make your character truly feel special. These items are Powerful, so don't hold back, and be unique. I'll reign back anything that doesn't fit, so be creative.
I play with a few homebrew rules, like a final breath rule, crunchy crits, and a special flavour of very powerful inspirations given for taking rp related negatives (Scared of water so gaining the fear effect, or refusing to harm the sympathetic goblin) or creative ideas of most flavours. The rules are a suggestion and I love to see players remake them.
For party composition, we have a martial artist paladin, a wild fire druid, a shadow based rogue, an illusion based wizard, and a tag-a-long npc who really has no business on the battlefield.
Games will be held on Discord, and that is where this onboarding will happen. My discord is canimanamino. Don't feel pressured, just come, bring your A game, and lets work together to make a story!
I am quite interested in joining a roleplay heavy campaign, however I do have a few questions regarding your story which I hope you might clarify just so that we are all on the same page.
1) So in your story a great conqueror had took hold of the land following what appears to be an era of anarchy until a band of warriors decided to over throw him. Can you explain why they did that? What was their reason to seal the King? Like was he exceedingly cruel or unjust? What happened to the rest of his forces after the king was sealed away or were they all on the island for some reason?
2) Can you clarify what Abadon's Folly really is? Like did the island get transported to some sort of meta dimensional prison that can still support life? Or is it more like a personal hell where everyday people die over and over because we are in the land of the dead?
3) I assume the strange group I've heard rumors about is just the player party. Could you give me the run down on the kind of rumors I'm hearing? Like do I know what their goals are or where there are trying to go? I imagine since we are on the prison where nobody escapes it involves breaking out of here?
Anyways if you could address those three questions, then I'd be most grateful. Feel free to reach out on my discord, my username is silenttruths.
Game: D&D 5e (2014)
Group type: Online
Experience: Heavy Rp and Combat
Schedule: Sundays every week, starting 18:00 CST and ending 21:00 CST.
Roles sought: Player (One)
Game style: Story and Rp heavy with complicated combat mechanics and heavily homebrewed characters and items.
Hello, I'm Cani. A long time dm for dnd with a flair for the unique. I ask for players to think outside the box and prioritise the story over perfection. I write my games like free flowing books and love engaging with players who make their character one to be remembered. So you as a player should be someone who takes role playing seriously. Additionally, I treat players as unique within the story. Every character I play with has a special item often as complex and powerful as an entire class. So, Players should expect more options during combat, both from yourself, other players, and the enemies. Me and my group has been playing for nearly a year, and are looking for someone new.
Now, for the story.
The world of Eer'hwol is long and storied, shrouded with history lost to war. When Gods walked the earth, naught but ruins and scars remain to remember. Ages have passed, and the stories of the Calamity still ring in the minds of children through fables and stories. Centuries ago, a great conqueror washed over the lands. His rule was iron, his armiy fiends. A group of fabled warriors sealed this great conqueror away, ripping his home island from the waking world and placing it in the realm of the dead. Abadon's Folly was a memory, etched in history. What happened since, no one knows. Many have found their way to this hidden prison, but none have ever escaped. But the stories of the devil king, trapped on his island with his tortured kingdom will always be spoken.
You, traveller, are one of them. Either born here, in Abadon's Folly, or unfortunate enough to find yourself here. In the land of fiends and devils, dead and dying, your story will be written. 2 weeks have passed since a strange group has appeared, making a name for themselves. Were you like them? Brought here by forces of fate and divine intervention into this unfamiliar world. Or, were you born here? Hearing the rumors of these strange heros and deciding to join them.
What you should know,
I formulate my games with a certain flow. To begin, the invitation will be open until Wednesday of this week. I'll interview everyone before bringing you in, and let you know come Wednesday if you'll be joining. Following that, I'll get you to write a backstory with some character details and things to work off of. From there, you and I will have 2 seperate sessions. 1 will be your precampaign. The days (or weeks, depending) Right before the game starts. That way you jump into the first session already familiar with your character. And the second will be a session built entirely around your backstory. An important event or something in that vain. Your backstory matters, and I want you to feel that.
For character creation, you will start at level 7 with Point Buy, Milestone, and 2014 rules (The party is close to leveling up, so be ready for that). We play on Dnd Beyond and Roll 20. Humans have been fully homebrewed, and some races have been disallowed or limited (Lore reasons, so think warforged). You will start with your choice of an amount of gold up to 1500 gp (whatever makes sense) or items bought within that price range. You will also start with 1 rare item, 2 uncommon (or lower) items, and 1 special item. This item will be hand crafted to give your character a specific feel. You will have full control of this item (With my hand at balancing) to make your character truly feel special. These items are Powerful, so don't hold back, and be unique. I'll reign back anything that doesn't fit, so be creative.
I play with a few homebrew rules, like a final breath rule, crunchy crits, and a special flavour of very powerful inspirations given for taking rp related negatives (Scared of water so gaining the fear effect, or refusing to harm the sympathetic goblin) or creative ideas of most flavours. The rules are a suggestion and I love to see players remake them.
For party composition, we have a martial artist paladin, a wild fire druid, a shadow based rogue, an illusion based wizard, and a tag-a-long npc who really has no business on the battlefield.
Games will be held on Discord, and that is where this onboarding will happen. My discord is canimanamino. Don't feel pressured, just come, bring your A game, and lets work together to make a story!
Hello Cani,
I am quite interested in joining a roleplay heavy campaign, however I do have a few questions regarding your story which I hope you might clarify just so that we are all on the same page.
1) So in your story a great conqueror had took hold of the land following what appears to be an era of anarchy until a band of warriors decided to over throw him. Can you explain why they did that? What was their reason to seal the King? Like was he exceedingly cruel or unjust? What happened to the rest of his forces after the king was sealed away or were they all on the island for some reason?
2) Can you clarify what Abadon's Folly really is? Like did the island get transported to some sort of meta dimensional prison that can still support life? Or is it more like a personal hell where everyday people die over and over because we are in the land of the dead?
3) I assume the strange group I've heard rumors about is just the player party. Could you give me the run down on the kind of rumors I'm hearing? Like do I know what their goals are or where there are trying to go? I imagine since we are on the prison where nobody escapes it involves breaking out of here?
Anyways if you could address those three questions, then I'd be most grateful. Feel free to reach out on my discord, my username is silenttruths.
I've sent you a request on Discord, I find it far easier to speak there.
Nothing is showing up on my end at Discord, could you give me your discord contact details and I'll try adding you.