Trying to create a new character for friend's campaign. I already have one in the campaign I unassigned. The class section is missing the Free League class options I had when I made the first character.
Again, you won't be able to use those shared options outside of that campaign. You'd need to either add the character to that campaign, or purchase the book yourself so you can use those classes anywhere.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
I can't pick a class that's available with the source book I have access to. The character isn't built yet.
It may be worth explicitly pointing out that you can join a character to a campaign even if the character isn't finished yet. If the class you want is being shared in a campaign, start making the character, join it to the campaign, then add the class.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
pronouns: he/she/they
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Trying to create a new character for friend's campaign. I already have one in the campaign I unassigned. The class section is missing the Free League class options I had when I made the first character.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIs this character assigned to that campaign? Shared character options can only be used inside the campaign that’s sharing them.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
I can't pick a class that's available with the source book I have access to. The character isn't built yet.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorAgain, you won't be able to use those shared options outside of that campaign. You'd need to either add the character to that campaign, or purchase the book yourself so you can use those classes anywhere.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
It may be worth explicitly pointing out that you can join a character to a campaign even if the character isn't finished yet. If the class you want is being shared in a campaign, start making the character, join it to the campaign, then add the class.
pronouns: he/she/they