I'm currently playing a Duergar circle of spores druid, and soon will be hitting level 10 and I've got a question regarding the Spreading Spores feature that I can't seem to get a clear answer on. Also, we are playing 2014 rules, not 2024.
When you use the Spreading Spores feature it says the following:
As a bonus action while your Symbiotic Entity feature is active, you can hurl spores up to 30 feet away, where they swirl in a 10-foot cube for 1 minute....
And
Whenever a creature moves into the cube or starts its turn there, that creature takes your Halo of Spores damage, unless the creature succeeds on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC....
Halo of Spores say the following:
You are surrounded by invisible, necrotic spores that are harmless until you unleash them on a creature nearby. When a creature you can see moves into a space within 10 feet of you or starts its turn there, you can use your reaction to deal 1d4 necrotic damage to that creature unless it succeeds on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC. The necrotic damage increases to 1d6 at 6th level, 1d8 at 10th level, and 1d10 at 14th level.
And Symbiotic entity says the following:
While this feature is active, you gain the following benefits:
When you deal your Halo of Spores damage, roll the damage die a second time and add it to the total.
So, would I be correct in assuming, that because Symbiotic entity is active in order to use Spreading Spores and spreading spores uses your halo of spores damage, when you deal your halo of spores damage as part of the Spreading Spores, you would also roll the damage die a second time and add it to the total like you would if you were doing a normal Halo of Spores damage roll?
Looking online, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to it. Some people say yes, some people say no. Any help with this clarification would be great.
The damage you deal with Spreading Spores is the same damage as Halo of Spores, so its damage is equal to 2 rolls of the damage die, or 2d8 at level 10 when you first get Spreading Spores and 2d10 at level 14.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I'm currently playing a Duergar circle of spores druid, and soon will be hitting level 10 and I've got a question regarding the Spreading Spores feature that I can't seem to get a clear answer on. Also, we are playing 2014 rules, not 2024.
When you use the Spreading Spores feature it says the following:
Halo of Spores say the following:
And Symbiotic entity says the following:
So, would I be correct in assuming, that because Symbiotic entity is active in order to use Spreading Spores and spreading spores uses your halo of spores damage, when you deal your halo of spores damage as part of the Spreading Spores, you would also roll the damage die a second time and add it to the total like you would if you were doing a normal Halo of Spores damage roll?
Looking online, I can't seem to find a definitive answer to it. Some people say yes, some people say no. Any help with this clarification would be great.
Thanks.
The damage you deal with Spreading Spores is the same damage as Halo of Spores, so its damage is equal to 2 rolls of the damage die, or 2d8 at level 10 when you first get Spreading Spores and 2d10 at level 14.