Greetings, i was recently creating a new war cleric character but am unable to find the subclass option, this is in spite of having purchased the Character Bundle years ago which includes the 2014 PHB where the subclass originates. i was wondering if this is a problem others have had, and if there's a solution to this or possibly just some setting I've been missing in the character creator. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Hi I can't use the War Domain subclass despite owning the 2024 player's handbook. Is there something I may have clicked in the options menu when setting my character?
Hi I can't use the War Domain subclass despite owning the 2024 player's handbook. Is there something I may have clicked in the options menu when setting my character?
Make sure you're using the 2024 (Core Rules) version of Cleric, and if it isn't showing up after that, make sure your entitlements are synced (Account > Licenses).
I'm having a similar issue, however I am using the 2014 Cleric class and can't find War Domain in my selection. I have the player's handbook shared in my library from my DM. I have options to choose other subclasses but for some reason no War Domain specifically.
I'm having a similar issue, however I am using the 2014 Cleric class and can't find War Domain in my selection. I have the player's handbook shared in my library from my DM. I have options to choose other subclasses but for some reason no War Domain specifically.
Is the character you're making in the campaign? Character options you only have through content sharing can only be used on characters that are actually in the campaign where the content is being shared.
Also worth double-checking whether you're actually using the 5e Cleric class. Look at the class features in the character builder; if you're seeing the "Divine Order" feature at level 1, that's the 5.5e Cleric class, not the 5e one.
Yes, my character is in the campaign and I am editing him through it. I'm getting the sub class options from other books such as the grave domain, twilight domain, etc. But none from the players handbook specifically.
I have quadruple checked and checked again twice today. I am on the 5e cleric class from 2014. Not the 5.5e. Not the new one. I am waiting on dnd beyond to reply to the forum I sent to help me, but my campaign starts tomorrow so I will just be using paper and the book I have to play instead.
Yes, my character is in the campaign and I am editing him through it. I'm getting the sub class options from other books such as the grave domain, twilight domain, etc. But none from the players handbook specifically.
I have quadruple checked and checked again twice today. I am on the 5e cleric class from 2014. Not the 5.5e. Not the new one. I am waiting on dnd beyond to reply to the forum I sent to help me, but my campaign starts tomorrow so I will just be using paper and the book I have to play instead.
Other things to check would be:
Does the DM (or someone else in the campaign) actually own the5e Player's Handbook? The 5e one specifically, not the 5.5e one; you won't be able to use the 5.5e War Domain subclass with the 5e Cleric class. Someone needs to actually own it, not just be getting it via content sharing from some other campaign.
Is Content Sharing actually enabled in the campaign?
It may also help to change your character's privacy setting (at the bottom of the Home tab) to Public and post the link to it here, so we can check how it's set up.
Greetings, i was recently creating a new war cleric character but am unable to find the subclass option, this is in spite of having purchased the Character Bundle years ago which includes the 2014 PHB where the subclass originates. i was wondering if this is a problem others have had, and if there's a solution to this or possibly just some setting I've been missing in the character creator. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIf you want to use the War Domain from the 2014 Player’s Handbook, make sure you’re using the 2014 Cleric class.
If you’re using the 2024 Cleric class, you’ll need the updated War Domain found in the 2024 Player’s Handbook.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Hi I can't use the War Domain subclass despite owning the 2024 player's handbook. Is there something I may have clicked in the options menu when setting my character?
Make sure you're using the 2024 (Core Rules) version of Cleric, and if it isn't showing up after that, make sure your entitlements are synced (Account > Licenses).
I'm having a similar issue, however I am using the 2014 Cleric class and can't find War Domain in my selection. I have the player's handbook shared in my library from my DM. I have options to choose other subclasses but for some reason no War Domain specifically.
Is the character you're making in the campaign? Character options you only have through content sharing can only be used on characters that are actually in the campaign where the content is being shared.
Also worth double-checking whether you're actually using the 5e Cleric class. Look at the class features in the character builder; if you're seeing the "Divine Order" feature at level 1, that's the 5.5e Cleric class, not the 5e one.
pronouns: he/she/they
Yes, my character is in the campaign and I am editing him through it. I'm getting the sub class options from other books such as the grave domain, twilight domain, etc. But none from the players handbook specifically.
I have quadruple checked and checked again twice today. I am on the 5e cleric class from 2014. Not the 5.5e. Not the new one. I am waiting on dnd beyond to reply to the forum I sent to help me, but my campaign starts tomorrow so I will just be using paper and the book I have to play instead.
Other things to check would be:
It may also help to change your character's privacy setting (at the bottom of the Home tab) to Public and post the link to it here, so we can check how it's set up.
pronouns: he/she/they