I had purchased the Ravenloft bundle back in April and had reached out to find out when they would be shipping a week or so ago after seeing them already in stock at my local game shop. I was assured that they would be shipping shortly. Now when I check on my order (DDB02341126) it has not only not been shipped but the physical books have been cancelled. I didn't request they be cancelled and never received any notification that they were.
I decided to try ordering direct from the Marketplace for the first time for my physical books instead of using my FLGS and this experience has put me off it entirely. I would like either my books and other items that I ordered not to be shadow cancelled when I reach out about my order. This does not encourage me to shop here further and to be honest it makes me leery about even my digital purchases and need for the Master-tier membership if this is the customer service I'm going to get when I inquire after an order.
I do not know if this is the right place to discuss this but I would very much appreciate some assistance.
So customer service reached back out and I got "Whoops, well we didn't charge you for the books before we cancelled the order so if you want you can reorder them yourself and we promise we'll ship your order and not cancel it this time". Not a great approach folks.
My mistake for trying to use their platform for my books. I'll just keep it local and remember this experience the next time they try to lure me in with a decent bundle. Honestly it may be time to just kick Beyond to the curb for the whole table. We play in person anyway and if this is how they deal with mistakes I don't feel inclined to give it a second shot.
It's a glitch caused by really poor marketplace systems.
They charge separately for physical and digital likely to ensure you aren't charged for a physical order that doesn't deliver or to account for in-out of a physical product at product flow level, but what they don't account for is that two large charges in one day may flag as fraud and even that minor delay to approve a charge is likely leading to auto-cancellation for payment not going through on the second charge. It's a pain in the ass and something needs to be done other than "I dunno I guess just reorder it." But the fact that we're years going on this issue and they haven't done anything to work it out feels like it's low priority because the digital sells anyway. If people started demanding refunds on the digital copies when this happens, they might actually pay attention.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hello,
I had purchased the Ravenloft bundle back in April and had reached out to find out when they would be shipping a week or so ago after seeing them already in stock at my local game shop. I was assured that they would be shipping shortly. Now when I check on my order (DDB02341126) it has not only not been shipped but the physical books have been cancelled. I didn't request they be cancelled and never received any notification that they were.
I decided to try ordering direct from the Marketplace for the first time for my physical books instead of using my FLGS and this experience has put me off it entirely. I would like either my books and other items that I ordered not to be shadow cancelled when I reach out about my order. This does not encourage me to shop here further and to be honest it makes me leery about even my digital purchases and need for the Master-tier membership if this is the customer service I'm going to get when I inquire after an order.
I do not know if this is the right place to discuss this but I would very much appreciate some assistance.
Thank you,
Update:
So customer service reached back out and I got "Whoops, well we didn't charge you for the books before we cancelled the order so if you want you can reorder them yourself and we promise we'll ship your order and not cancel it this time". Not a great approach folks.
My mistake for trying to use their platform for my books. I'll just keep it local and remember this experience the next time they try to lure me in with a decent bundle. Honestly it may be time to just kick Beyond to the curb for the whole table. We play in person anyway and if this is how they deal with mistakes I don't feel inclined to give it a second shot.
It honestly feels more like a glitch than bad service.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
It's a glitch caused by really poor marketplace systems.
They charge separately for physical and digital likely to ensure you aren't charged for a physical order that doesn't deliver or to account for in-out of a physical product at product flow level, but what they don't account for is that two large charges in one day may flag as fraud and even that minor delay to approve a charge is likely leading to auto-cancellation for payment not going through on the second charge. It's a pain in the ass and something needs to be done other than "I dunno I guess just reorder it." But the fact that we're years going on this issue and they haven't done anything to work it out feels like it's low priority because the digital sells anyway. If people started demanding refunds on the digital copies when this happens, they might actually pay attention.