I've attempted to modify Elven Chain Mail to no longer impose Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) ability checks, and to add an additional +1 bonus to Armor Class* [see EDIT] ONLY when Attuned from the Modifiers section, but the modifiers are being applied regardless of Attunement. The checkbox for the feature in Modifiers specifies when hovering over the question mark icon that checking it "Determines whether or not this specific modifier requires attunement regardless of the Item requiring attunement," which seems rather straightforward in its intention.
I've adjusted the item, refreshed its page, refreshed the character sheet, and added the item on the character sheet. Each time, the features which should be attunement-locked automatically apply even when the character is not attuned to the item. Attuning to the item from the character sheet apparently makes no difference, either.
Obviously the workaround is simply to leave it always-active, and advise the players to pinky-promise they'll use it fairly, which isn't really a big deal, but I'd like the feature to work as intended.
EDIT: In Basic Information, if I mark the Requires Attunement box, it applies the attunement-locked Armor Class bonus appropriately (+1 without attunement, and +2 with attunement). But the Stealth Disadvantage remains freely available regardless of attunement status.
From the same Basic Information section, I've even tried selecting "---", "None", and "Disadvantage" from the Stealth Check drop-down menu to see if that would work, but it appears to make no difference
I've attempted to modify Elven Chain Mail to no longer impose Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) ability checks, and to add an additional +1 bonus to Armor Class* [see EDIT] ONLY when Attuned from the Modifiers section, but the modifiers are being applied regardless of Attunement. The checkbox for the feature in Modifiers specifies when hovering over the question mark icon that checking it "Determines whether or not this specific modifier requires attunement regardless of the Item requiring attunement," which seems rather straightforward in its intention.
I've adjusted the item, refreshed its page, refreshed the character sheet, and added the item on the character sheet. Each time, the features which should be attunement-locked automatically apply even when the character is not attuned to the item. Attuning to the item from the character sheet apparently makes no difference, either.
Obviously the workaround is simply to leave it always-active, and advise the players to pinky-promise they'll use it fairly, which isn't really a big deal, but I'd like the feature to work as intended.
EDIT: In Basic Information, if I mark the Requires Attunement box, it applies the attunement-locked Armor Class bonus appropriately (+1 without attunement, and +2 with attunement). But the Stealth Disadvantage remains freely available regardless of attunement status.
From the same Basic Information section, I've even tried selecting "---", "None", and "Disadvantage" from the Stealth Check drop-down menu to see if that would work, but it appears to make no difference
Did you wait long enough for the magical item to be refreshed in the character sheet?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I've attempted to modify Elven Chain Mail to no longer impose Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) ability checks, and to add an additional +1 bonus to Armor Class* [see EDIT] ONLY when Attuned from the Modifiers section, but the modifiers are being applied regardless of Attunement. The checkbox for the feature in Modifiers specifies when hovering over the question mark icon that checking it "Determines whether or not this specific modifier requires attunement regardless of the Item requiring attunement," which seems rather straightforward in its intention.
I've adjusted the item, refreshed its page, refreshed the character sheet, and added the item on the character sheet. Each time, the features which should be attunement-locked automatically apply even when the character is not attuned to the item. Attuning to the item from the character sheet apparently makes no difference, either.
Obviously the workaround is simply to leave it always-active, and advise the players to pinky-promise they'll use it fairly, which isn't really a big deal, but I'd like the feature to work as intended.
EDIT: In Basic Information, if I mark the Requires Attunement box, it applies the attunement-locked Armor Class bonus appropriately (+1 without attunement, and +2 with attunement). But the Stealth Disadvantage remains freely available regardless of attunement status.
From the same Basic Information section, I've even tried selecting "---", "None", and "Disadvantage" from the Stealth Check drop-down menu to see if that would work, but it appears to make no difference
Did you wait long enough for the magical item to be refreshed in the character sheet?
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.