Copied a character using the "Copy" button on the My Characters screen; some choices related to the Background did not copy over correctly.
The actual background (Acolyte, in this case) was selected correctly, but the top-level choice of ability score bonuses — i.e., the choice between +2/+1 and +1/+1/+1 — was not, with the drop-down set to "Choose an Option" and the item highlighted in blue. If I select the option that was selected on the original character (+2/+1 in this case) then the subsequent choices of which ability scores to increase do appear pre-selected. But until I do that they're not actually reflected in the ability scores on the character sheet.
Also, this background provides the Magic Initiate feat, and the top-level choice of which ability score to use for the spells the feat provides was also not copied over, leaving that drop-down also set to "Choose an option". Similar to the other issue, if I select the option that was originally selected (Charisma in this case) then the subsequent choices of spells do appear pre-selected.
(The copy is also missing a language, Leonin, but I think that's because I only have access to Mythic Odysseys of Theros through content sharing and the copy isn't in the campaign.)
Copied a character using the "Copy" button on the My Characters screen; some choices related to the Background did not copy over correctly.
The actual background (Acolyte, in this case) was selected correctly, but the top-level choice of ability score bonuses — i.e., the choice between +2/+1 and +1/+1/+1 — was not, with the drop-down set to "Choose an Option" and the item highlighted in blue. If I select the option that was selected on the original character (+2/+1 in this case) then the subsequent choices of which ability scores to increase do appear pre-selected. But until I do that they're not actually reflected in the ability scores on the character sheet.
Also, this background provides the Magic Initiate feat, and the top-level choice of which ability score to use for the spells the feat provides was also not copied over, leaving that drop-down also set to "Choose an option". Similar to the other issue, if I select the option that was originally selected (Charisma in this case) then the subsequent choices of spells do appear pre-selected.
(The copy is also missing a language, Leonin, but I think that's because I only have access to Mythic Odysseys of Theros through content sharing and the copy isn't in the campaign.)
pronouns: he/she/they
Yep, it does that to me every time. Limitations of the software I suppose.
The new backend they are working on may fix that, along with MANY other upgrades.
Well, this is something that definitely used to work, so I doubt it would need to wait for the new character builder.
pronouns: he/she/they
I have the same issue when I copy my character sheets, it's annoying having to go through everything and find what needs to be selected again.