I opened a ticket for this a while back and no one really helped me, just told me it was fixed on their end. I am thinking that maybe I am missing something. I have tested this with new characters, new accounts, incognito mode, different devices even, and its always the same.
In my one campaign I am in, my lists are just fine but the GM has a ton of shared content turned on. I am not trying to use anything but what is in the basic 5.5e player's manual. I am missing things like Sentinel or Resilient. If I turn on pre-reqs for feats I lose even more of them. This is for theory crafting a lvl16 character for a cross-compaign tournament our GM wants to do but it happens to me no matter what I do.
This is similar to what support asked me. This is not campaign specific. My post describes this. This happens to characters outside of the campaign I am in, not in it.
Yes, my entitlements data is in sync. This is just for the basic 5.5e, or even 5e, player's handbook feats. This is not for any extra content, its not from sharing, its not from a campaign.
This is similar to what support asked me. This is not campaign specific. My post describes this. This happens to characters outside of the campaign I am in, not in it.
Do you own the Player's Handbook or just have it shared? Because if it's shared you will only get access to stuff from it if you create characters in that campaign. Sharing won't work on characters you create outside the campaign, which is why people keep asking you about whether the character is assigned to it
I have the basic sub and have the players handbook in my library to use. I reference it often. Why is my list of feats missing some of those basic ones but has others? I put a link to a video of me scrolling the drop down in the original post.
If you want to use them for characters that aren’t assigned to any campaign, you’ll need to purchase that book yourself. The options you currently see for that character are because you have the free Basic Rules, which includes those feats. Not every feat from the PHB is in the Basic Rules.
Thank you! You are the first person to differentiate that DnDBeyond's basic character building doesn't have access to all PHB feats. That seems quite crazy to me but that at least explains this.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I opened a ticket for this a while back and no one really helped me, just told me it was fixed on their end. I am thinking that maybe I am missing something. I have tested this with new characters, new accounts, incognito mode, different devices even, and its always the same.
In my one campaign I am in, my lists are just fine but the GM has a ton of shared content turned on. I am not trying to use anything but what is in the basic 5.5e player's manual. I am missing things like Sentinel or Resilient. If I turn on pre-reqs for feats I lose even more of them. This is for theory crafting a lvl16 character for a cross-compaign tournament our GM wants to do but it happens to me no matter what I do.
https://imgur.com/a/CtwdHT1
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIf you check this page, are your Account Entitlements in sync?
https://www.dndbeyond.com/account/licenses
Is this character assigned to that campaign? Shared character options can only be used within the campaign that's sharing them.
If you open the campaign page and click the Content Management button at the top, is the 5.5e Player's Handbook listed?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
This is similar to what support asked me. This is not campaign specific. My post describes this. This happens to characters outside of the campaign I am in, not in it.
Yes, my entitlements data is in sync. This is just for the basic 5.5e, or even 5e, player's handbook feats. This is not for any extra content, its not from sharing, its not from a campaign.
Do you own the Player's Handbook or just have it shared? Because if it's shared you will only get access to stuff from it if you create characters in that campaign. Sharing won't work on characters you create outside the campaign, which is why people keep asking you about whether the character is assigned to it
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorThat’s working as intended, then. Again, shared character options can only be used within the campaign that's sharing them.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
I have the basic sub and have the players handbook in my library to use. I reference it often. Why is my list of feats missing some of those basic ones but has others? I put a link to a video of me scrolling the drop down in the original post.
How so? I have the book myself. It's the basic players handbook and is in my library to use.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIf that book is shared with you, you’ll only be able to use those shared character options within that campaign.
https://dndbeyond-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/articles/7747210355604-Campaign-Content-Sharing-and-You
If you want to use them for characters that aren’t assigned to any campaign, you’ll need to purchase that book yourself. The options you currently see for that character are because you have the free Basic Rules, which includes those feats. Not every feat from the PHB is in the Basic Rules.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Thank you! You are the first person to differentiate that DnDBeyond's basic character building doesn't have access to all PHB feats. That seems quite crazy to me but that at least explains this.