I have a sorcerer with Magic initiate (Wizard) feat, and I chose Shield as my always prepared spell, per the 2024 rules I should be able to both use it once per long rest and cast it with my spell slots:
Level 1 Spell. Choose a level 1 spell from the same list you selected for this feat's cantrips. You always have that spell prepared. You can cast it once without a spell slot, and you regain the ability to cast it in that way when you finish a Long Rest. You can also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.
However, the UI only allows me to "Use" the spell, there's no "Cast" option.
I have a sorcerer with Magic initiate (Wizard) feat, and I chose Shield as my always prepared spell, per the 2024 rules I should be able to both use it once per long rest and cast it with my spell slots:
Level 1 Spell. Choose a level 1 spell from the same
list you selected for this feat's cantrips. You always
have that spell prepared. You can cast it once without
a spell slot, and you regain the ability to cast it
in that way when you finish a Long Rest. You can
also cast the spell using any spell slots you have.
However, the UI only allows me to "Use" the spell, there's no "Cast" option.
https://imgur.com/a/skCOtna
I have another spell like "False Life" which has both the "Use" and "Cast" options. Please add the 'Cast" option for Shield.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorThat’s a current system limitation. It’ll show both buttons when a feat provides a specific spell, but not when the player chooses a spell.
In the meantime, you can simply click one of your spell slots to mark it as used.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd