Utilizing the character-service api that DND beyond uses itself I can get all sorts of information on my character. However looking through the JSON responses of many of the calls it makes I cannot find where it is pulling / calculating my characters level since we go off of milestone and not xp.
curl -X GET https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v5/character/{CHARACTER_ID}?includeCustomItems=true
Utilizing the character-service api that DND beyond uses itself I can get all sorts of information on my character. However looking through the JSON responses of many of the calls it makes I cannot find where it is pulling / calculating my characters level since we go off of milestone and not xp.
curl -X GET https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v5/character/{CHARACTER_ID}?includeCustomItems=true
D&D Beyond does not have a supported, documented, public facing API. As such, no guarantee of behaviour or documentation of functions can be provided
It looks like this endpoint has recently been dismantled. :( Does anyone know if there is a new/updated URL? (Yes, I know it was not official or supported... but it was extremely useful to get a JSON version of my characters. It will suck to have to go somewhere else for this.)
This URL currently works: https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v5/character/{CHARACTER_ID}?includeCustomItems=true and replace {CHARACTER_ID} with your Character's ID. You may need to ensure that Character Privacy is set to Public. This currently can be done from the Characters page https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters clicking Setting, Character Privacy->public and also Edit a Character and scroll down to Character Privacy set it to Public.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hey fellow nerds,
Utilizing the character-service api that DND beyond uses itself I can get all sorts of information on my character. However looking through the JSON responses of many of the calls it makes I cannot find where it is pulling / calculating my characters level since we go off of milestone and not xp.
curl -X GET https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v5/character/{CHARACTER_ID}?includeCustomItems=trueD&D Beyond does not have a supported, documented, public facing API. As such, no guarantee of behaviour or documentation of functions can be provided
Find my D&D Beyond articles here
It looks like this endpoint has recently been dismantled. :( Does anyone know if there is a new/updated URL? (Yes, I know it was not official or supported... but it was extremely useful to get a JSON version of my characters. It will suck to have to go somewhere else for this.)
This URL currently works: https://character-service.dndbeyond.com/character/v5/character/{CHARACTER_ID}?includeCustomItems=true and replace {CHARACTER_ID} with your Character's ID. You may need to ensure that Character Privacy is set to Public. This currently can be done from the Characters page https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters clicking Setting, Character Privacy->public and also Edit a Character and scroll down to Character Privacy set it to Public.