I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section for this question, so apologies if it belongs elsewhere.
I'm a big fan of Mage Hand Press and Valda's Spire of Secrets. I love the unique classes and concepts they bring to 5e, and my favorite by far is the Warmage.
Recently, Mage Hand Press released an updated 2024 version of the Warmage, alongside their ongoing support for the new D&D 2024 rules. However, while I can find some Valda's Spire of Secrets content on D&D Beyond, the only standalone Mage Hand Press class currently available there seems to be the Gunslinger. In fact, the Gunslinger was officially released on D&D Beyond in 2025 as part of Mage Hand Press's third-party content partnership.
Since Mage Hand Press has already brought at least one of their classes to D&D Beyond, I was wondering:
Has anyone heard whether the Warmage is planned for D&D Beyond as well?
The updated 2024 Warmage is already available through Mage Hand Press's website, but I haven't been able to find any information about a D&D Beyond release.
If anyone has seen an announcement, roadmap, or developer comment regarding the Warmage, I'd appreciate the information.
Nothing has been announced about any more Mage Hand Press stuff at the moment. Although we've got two new third party classes, Sterling Vermin's Magus next week and Kibble's Warlord in December, adding new classes is apparently very difficult with the site the way it is constructed and some classes just don't work so they have to be selective. They're in the middle of a full site rebuild which will make adding stuff easier to you might be in luck once that's done
Wizards has intentionally not given a specific timeline on its rebuild process. When they purchased this site from Fandom, who itself purchased the site from Curse, they discovered the entire site infrastructure was built fairly haphazardly and not really designed for the volume of content and users the site would grow to host.
Because of that, they have hit a number of unintentional snags a d other problems and have decided they would rather avoid giving a specific timeline, lest they end up hitting a snag and disappoint players. They did indicate the character builder and homebrew side of things are a current priority (and have even rolled out some features from this rework). So hopefully we might see more over the next couple months, but that doesn’t mean you should ironclad expect something in that timeframe.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hi everyone,
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section for this question, so apologies if it belongs elsewhere.
I'm a big fan of Mage Hand Press and Valda's Spire of Secrets. I love the unique classes and concepts they bring to 5e, and my favorite by far is the Warmage.
Recently, Mage Hand Press released an updated 2024 version of the Warmage, alongside their ongoing support for the new D&D 2024 rules. However, while I can find some Valda's Spire of Secrets content on D&D Beyond, the only standalone Mage Hand Press class currently available there seems to be the Gunslinger. In fact, the Gunslinger was officially released on D&D Beyond in 2025 as part of Mage Hand Press's third-party content partnership.
Since Mage Hand Press has already brought at least one of their classes to D&D Beyond, I was wondering:
Has anyone heard whether the Warmage is planned for D&D Beyond as well?
The updated 2024 Warmage is already available through Mage Hand Press's website, but I haven't been able to find any information about a D&D Beyond release.
If anyone has seen an announcement, roadmap, or developer comment regarding the Warmage, I'd appreciate the information.
Thanks!
Nothing has been announced about any more Mage Hand Press stuff at the moment. Although we've got two new third party classes, Sterling Vermin's Magus next week and Kibble's Warlord in December, adding new classes is apparently very difficult with the site the way it is constructed and some classes just don't work so they have to be selective. They're in the middle of a full site rebuild which will make adding stuff easier to you might be in luck once that's done
Thanks for the response. It sounds like I'll have to be patient and see how the rebuilt site develops.
Do you happen to have any information regarding a potential timeline, or is it still too early to say?
Wizards has intentionally not given a specific timeline on its rebuild process. When they purchased this site from Fandom, who itself purchased the site from Curse, they discovered the entire site infrastructure was built fairly haphazardly and not really designed for the volume of content and users the site would grow to host.
Because of that, they have hit a number of unintentional snags a d other problems and have decided they would rather avoid giving a specific timeline, lest they end up hitting a snag and disappoint players. They did indicate the character builder and homebrew side of things are a current priority (and have even rolled out some features from this rework). So hopefully we might see more over the next couple months, but that doesn’t mean you should ironclad expect something in that timeframe.