LaTiaJacquise: We haven't spoken about it because we haven't had anything to say. I've said this in other forums, but it is still our intention to release 3.0 and 3.5 into CC and we will update everyone when we have news about it.
With 3.x, they just have to take the existing SRD's and release them saying they're under CC, presumably after some kind of legal review.
LaTiaJacquise: Essentially this. We're focusing on 3.x because 1. that's what the community wants "more" (relatively speaking) and 2. the scope of getting 4e done has yet to be determined
I’m sorry about the immediately hostile response. Thanks for giving us an update, even if it’s not what some want to hear.
LaTiaJacquise: I appreciate it, but I do also get peoples' frustration, though. It's been three years and a lot of transitions and changes on our side, but no news other than me saying "I promise it's coming!" whenever people bring it up.
Do we know if there will be another window for the collector’s edition of the WoW bundle?
LaTiaJacquise: There won't be, I don't think, but local game stores will still get the normal alt art covers. (I'm bummed too; I was considering pulling the trigger on it right as it sold out)
Wait... was the Collector's Edition online only? I was planning to pick it up in store and am suddenly realizing I may have made a mistake.
LaTiaJacquise: I think so, unless some game stores were able to get copies.
Unless most other books, this one had three different covers: the standard cover, the alt art one that is only available at hobby and game stores, and then the Collector’s Edition. So your local store will probably have copies of the alternate art cover, but not the Collector’s Edition.
D&D Beyond Character Quick Builder and Content Sharing?
WOTC_Adela:Glad you see you liked the Quickbuilder! We've got plans to give it additional functionality, we just have to be gentle with our legacy code
More options sounds good to me. I personally prefer having the players deduce it based on how their attack rolls go, but there should definitely be room for both styles!
WotC_Scott:It's a pandoras box, Honda Accord vs. F-16 issue. If every feature has both a DM option and player option, we risk bloating the Settings to the point where there are 500 checkboxes. That's hyperbole, sorry, but you get the point. Players can deduce it based on their rolls true, and if players are still curious and the DM wants them to know the AC (or HP for that matter) the players can just ask the DM :)
More drop-in encounters with scene prep. I would gladly pay money for a bundle of these, arranged by level. They are so nice to drop into a game. We are currently in a monster of the week style campaign and these are perfect for that.
WOTC_Zac:For your first request: we're actively working on backfilling our entire backlog of existing Drop-In Encounters with Scene Prep (but naturally, it's a LOT to go through, while also setting ourselves up for future months so that we get to a point of releasing a new one each week). Or do you mean outside of a subscription?
Are there any plans to turn more published adventures into quickplay maps?
WOTC_Zac:I'd definitely like for us to expand Quickplay to more of our published adventures. I don't have anything specific to share or promise right now, but it's something I'd like to explore where we can. Are there particular adventures you'd most like to see get the Quickplay treatment? I'd love to know which ones would be the most useful for you and your group.
They're dropping subclasses in these? Interesting. I hope these drops eventually reach a printed form or way of accessing them other than D&D Beyond subscriptions. Otherwise players will be quite annoyed at 'official' content being gated behind subscriptions.
GrandPyromania: Yep - each year we'll be adding a bundle to the marketplace that'll let you buy the previous year's content without needing to be subscribed (and it'll be shareable, like Drops content is today).
In terms of it reaching a printed form... all I can say is that we're looking into it.
They put what looks like a pretty powerful Fighter subclass behind a subscription paywall. I know they suggested they'd make the drops available for purchase in the future as some sort of book. I hope they fulfill that, as there's negative implications for the game if we're paying monthly subscriptions to access the best feats and subclasses.
GrandPyromania: Just to confirm, each year we'll be adding a bundle to the marketplace that'll let you buy the previous year's content without needing to be subscribed (and it'll be shareable, like Drops content is today).
Was the original version of the level 7 ability a typo? It’s been changed to say “when you use tactical shift” which is unfortunately substantially weaker than the first version. Now it’s only adding a little extra maneuverability and distance over what tactical shift Always does and consumes a base class resource instead ofadding.
GrandPyromania: Yep - it was a typo. The original intent always had it tied to Tactical Shift, but amid the various handoffs across teams, the first part of the sentence was accidentally omitted.
Not a Reddit thing, but I wanted to say thank you to LaTia for all her hard work at WOTC over the last four years, keeping on top of all of the crazy requests and support issues of the community. You will be missed!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Previous Week: https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-beyond-general/general-discussion/244538-reddit-posts-and-comments-from-wotc-staff-for-the
Sources:
Posts:
Comments:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wsn2on/comment/pcmypoc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/1wpzaq6/comment/pc011b5/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wtxe7h/comment/pd29ouc/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wgxnda/comment/pc2djtz/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wsnubw/comment/pco7jb7/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wrip9z/comment/pcmdc5t/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wsnubw/comment/pco3cxi/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wtsumh/comment/pcxgo7d/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wthxye/comment/pczmxgq/
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1wsnubw/comment/pcoavho/
DDB Drops October
https://www.reddit.com/r/onednd/comments/1wv99h8/comment/pda5kwm/
https://www.reddit.com/r/onednd/comments/1wvfmz7/comment/pdbgvzr/
LaTia Jacquise Laid off by WOTC
https://bsky.app/profile/latiajacquise.com/post/3mwllenzjyk2n
Not a Reddit thing, but I wanted to say thank you to LaTia for all her hard work at WOTC over the last four years, keeping on top of all of the crazy requests and support issues of the community. You will be missed!