Just a quick, general query about modifiers in homebrew! I'm developing a subclass who starts with half proficiencies in a set group of skills, and I want them to be upgraded to full proficiencies by a certain level. I managed to get the half proficiencies (rounded up) working all fine and dandy at 3rd level, however the 7th level modifiers aren't applying.
Is there a heirarchy that's conflicting, causing the halves to take priority? Or is it just not registering because I made it a "granted" feature, instead of a replacement? I've been tinkering with the feature for a good 20-ish minutes, but I know there's a few limitations with the homebrew system, so maybe it's just not meant to be?
If anyone could offer any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I would delete this thread, but it's a lesson learnt so.. turns out swapping to 'Half Proficiency' from 'Half Proficiency Round Up' seems to have fixed it? Could be wrong, but they're on the sheet now.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hii all,
Just a quick, general query about modifiers in homebrew! I'm developing a subclass who starts with half proficiencies in a set group of skills, and I want them to be upgraded to full proficiencies by a certain level. I managed to get the half proficiencies (rounded up) working all fine and dandy at 3rd level, however the 7th level modifiers aren't applying.
Is there a heirarchy that's conflicting, causing the halves to take priority? Or is it just not registering because I made it a "granted" feature, instead of a replacement? I've been tinkering with the feature for a good 20-ish minutes, but I know there's a few limitations with the homebrew system, so maybe it's just not meant to be?
If anyone could offer any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Many Thanks, Laundry
I would delete this thread, but it's a lesson learnt so.. turns out swapping to 'Half Proficiency' from 'Half Proficiency Round Up' seems to have fixed it? Could be wrong, but they're on the sheet now.