Adam Koebel is running it on stream with Rollplay. The cast and DM seem to believe that so far it is not very balanced. But it seems like a fun and entertaining adventure. I think the designers want to emphasize how distinctly seedy and deadly Baldurs Gate is...as opposed to the splendor of Waterrdeep. And if anything hope to prepare the players for what Wizards folks have called the "meat grinder" that is Avernus.
My party and I just finished the dungeon of the dead three. No one was killed. Only one character was knocked to 0hp but she is half orc so she actually went to 1hp. We did have to take two short breaks during the dungeon crawl. We'd all pack into a room, I'd throw caltrops out in the hallway while another player set up a trap. I luckily summoned the three skeleton fighters to command. They helped a bit. Mostly in gaurding us when resting or protecting anyone who we rescued or low on hp. The toughest fight was the last one with the Baneites(?). We took the treasure, was stopped by the Tiamet zealots and killed them very easily surprisingly. Now I fear we'll be attacked by more of them or when we get to Hell, attacked by Ahrkon(sp?).
Sometimes a necro thread can be fun when it brings back memories. I played through the first chapter of this module and nearly made it to Avernus before the game fell apart. Up until that point, it was not anywhere near overpowered, though Room 13 of the Dungeon Three did nearly TPK my party at level 2. I was Cleric of the Forge and I was playing with a Barbarian, a Paladin, and a Warlock.
We had been picked at here and there up until that point. But that Master of Souls dropped that Fireball on all of us right away. Paladin and Warlock were killed, the Warlock so completely that it was instant death for them. Pretty intense battle but it is the only one that had been really concerning. In fact, the rest of chapter 1 turned out to be really easy. Our DM put all 20 guards in front of the Vanthampur Villa and we cut through them all when our badges didn't work (DM went off-script here, I believe and made them personal guard of the villa so the badges wouldn't work).
Adam Koebel is running it on stream with Rollplay. The cast and DM seem to believe that so far it is not very balanced. But it seems like a fun and entertaining adventure. I think the designers want to emphasize how distinctly seedy and deadly Baldurs Gate is...as opposed to the splendor of Waterrdeep. And if anything hope to prepare the players for what Wizards folks have called the "meat grinder" that is Avernus.
Then again Adam made a shit ton of mistakes, barely reading the plot beforehand and not knowing what to do...
"Normality is but an Illusion, Whats normal to the Spider, is only madness for the Fly"
Kain de Frostberg- Dark Knight - (Vengeance Pal3/ Hexblade 9), Port Mourn
Kain de Draakberg-Dark Knight lvl8-Avergreen(DitA)
My party and I just finished the dungeon of the dead three. No one was killed. Only one character was knocked to 0hp but she is half orc so she actually went to 1hp. We did have to take two short breaks during the dungeon crawl. We'd all pack into a room, I'd throw caltrops out in the hallway while another player set up a trap. I luckily summoned the three skeleton fighters to command. They helped a bit. Mostly in gaurding us when resting or protecting anyone who we rescued or low on hp. The toughest fight was the last one with the Baneites(?). We took the treasure, was stopped by the Tiamet zealots and killed them very easily surprisingly. Now I fear we'll be attacked by more of them or when we get to Hell, attacked by Ahrkon(sp?).
Yignath the Iron Counsul is who you're looking for. He is the highest ranking of Bane in the dungeon.
Sometimes a necro thread can be fun when it brings back memories. I played through the first chapter of this module and nearly made it to Avernus before the game fell apart. Up until that point, it was not anywhere near overpowered, though Room 13 of the Dungeon Three did nearly TPK my party at level 2. I was Cleric of the Forge and I was playing with a Barbarian, a Paladin, and a Warlock.
We had been picked at here and there up until that point. But that Master of Souls dropped that Fireball on all of us right away. Paladin and Warlock were killed, the Warlock so completely that it was instant death for them. Pretty intense battle but it is the only one that had been really concerning. In fact, the rest of chapter 1 turned out to be really easy. Our DM put all 20 guards in front of the Vanthampur Villa and we cut through them all when our badges didn't work (DM went off-script here, I believe and made them personal guard of the villa so the badges wouldn't work).
DM mostly, Player occasionally | Session 0 form | He/Him/They/Them
EXTENDED SIGNATURE!
Doctor/Published Scholar/Science and Healthcare Advocate/Critter/Trekkie/Gandalf with a Glock
Try DDB free: Free Rules (2024), premade PCs, adventures, one shots, encounters, SC, homebrew, more
Answers: physical books, purchases, and subbing.
Check out my life-changing