Lots of small things adding up the same way they did when the 4th ed tool stopped getting updates, stopped advertising, stopped sponsorships (which basically has happened.) etc.
if i lose access to all the "Legendary bundle" content i've bought here like i did with the 4th ed tool, i really hope WOTC and anyone else involved realizes we will not trust another Virtual Library toolset again.
It should be noted that Wizards maintained access to D&D Insider and all the tools until it was no longer possible due to Microsoft ending all support for silverlight, the web framework the tools were built on. This happened only recently (2020 I believe) so support was continued long beyond the end of the edition, and only ended due to technical reasons.
Were people able to download materials before it was gone? I know the tools would be a big loss but I would at least like to keep PDF copies of stuff if they offered it before it went dark.
Were people able to download materials before it was gone? I know the tools would be a big loss but I would at least like to keep PDF copies of stuff if they offered it before it went dark.
Ey, Joe, we trust you. Enjoy the trip and welcome to the family!