Hey all! Interested in trying out D&D? I'm hosting a two session long mini campaign starting October 10th that is designed to help new players get introduced to the world and rules. You'll be alongside other newcomers all learning and exploring together. Please take a look and consider joining if you have any interest in trying out D&D!
Details:
Platforms: Discord for voice chat and Owlbear Rodeo for maps. I will explain how to use Owlbear Rodeo during session 0 so no worries if you have no experience. Character Sheets: D&D Beyond or a simple PDF Party Size: 4 People Total D&D Edition: We will be using the most recent D&D 5.5e with the 2024 books. I have all of these books on D&D Beyond, and a subscription so that I can share their contents with you during character creation. Genre: Classic Fantasy Session Length: 3-4 Hours Restrictions: You must be 18 years old or older. Must have a microphone to speak and a laptop/PC to run Owlbear Rodeo.
About the Campaign:
Your character’s story will take place in the bustling city of Esterorra. Esterorra is a growing fantastical metropolis where all manner of folk from across the lands and planes have gathered, becoming one large blend of magic and culture. It’s home to a prominent guild of heroic adventurers, which is what draws our party’s characters in. The party, with all of their unique backgrounds, will be convening in this city as new adventurers on their first quest with the guild, diving into the mystery of a missing local bard, leading them down a rabbit hole where you will encounter strange monsters and an even stranger story of the workings of this fantasy city.
I intend for this campaign to help introduce you to both the narrative and mechanics of D&D in tandem. Rules will be taught and explained as they come up, sort of trickling them to you to make it a bit more understandable, rather than getting it all dumped onto you at once. I most of all want you to have fun building an immersive character, and have fun telling their story. My main goal with this little two-shot is for you to leave the campaign having an understanding of D&D’s rules, and a desire to play and explore more.
About Me:
By joining this campaign, you are choosing me to introduce you to an amazing game and an amazing community. So, why choose me for this honor? I have been playing D&D for around 8 years now, and DM’ing for around 7 of those years. In that time, I became obsessed with it. I have run dozens of campaigns spanning from one-shots to multi-year long adventures, and ran systems from Cyberpunk RED to Call of Cthulhu and obviously lots of Dungeons and Dragons. I create my own high quality maps, score music and design sound effects to curate the atmosphere of each moment, practice voice acting to make the characters of the world more immersive, and spend countless hours writing to make each story I tell a great memory for the players to hold on to.
How to Join:
If you are interested in joining the campaign, send me a message on discord at "taiga0999" to see about possibly joining the party and making a character!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hey all! Interested in trying out D&D? I'm hosting a two session long mini campaign starting October 10th that is designed to help new players get introduced to the world and rules. You'll be alongside other newcomers all learning and exploring together. Please take a look and consider joining if you have any interest in trying out D&D!
Details:
Platforms: Discord for voice chat and Owlbear Rodeo for maps. I will explain how to use Owlbear Rodeo during session 0 so no worries if you have no experience.
Character Sheets: D&D Beyond or a simple PDF
Party Size: 4 People Total
D&D Edition: We will be using the most recent D&D 5.5e with the 2024 books. I have all of these books on D&D Beyond, and a subscription so that I can share their contents with you during character creation.
Genre: Classic Fantasy
Session Length: 3-4 Hours
Restrictions: You must be 18 years old or older. Must have a microphone to speak and a laptop/PC to run Owlbear Rodeo.
About the Campaign:
Your character’s story will take place in the bustling city of Esterorra. Esterorra is a growing fantastical metropolis where all manner of folk from across the lands and planes have gathered, becoming one large blend of magic and culture. It’s home to a prominent guild of heroic adventurers, which is what draws our party’s characters in. The party, with all of their unique backgrounds, will be convening in this city as new adventurers on their first quest with the guild, diving into the mystery of a missing local bard, leading them down a rabbit hole where you will encounter strange monsters and an even stranger story of the workings of this fantasy city.
I intend for this campaign to help introduce you to both the narrative and mechanics of D&D in tandem. Rules will be taught and explained as they come up, sort of trickling them to you to make it a bit more understandable, rather than getting it all dumped onto you at once. I most of all want you to have fun building an immersive character, and have fun telling their story. My main goal with this little two-shot is for you to leave the campaign having an understanding of D&D’s rules, and a desire to play and explore more.
About Me:
By joining this campaign, you are choosing me to introduce you to an amazing game and an amazing community. So, why choose me for this honor? I have been playing D&D for around 8 years now, and DM’ing for around 7 of those years. In that time, I became obsessed with it. I have run dozens of campaigns spanning from one-shots to multi-year long adventures, and ran systems from Cyberpunk RED to Call of Cthulhu and obviously lots of Dungeons and Dragons. I create my own high quality maps, score music and design sound effects to curate the atmosphere of each moment, practice voice acting to make the characters of the world more immersive, and spend countless hours writing to make each story I tell a great memory for the players to hold on to.
How to Join:
If you are interested in joining the campaign, send me a message on discord at "taiga0999" to see about possibly joining the party and making a character!