I am a long time DM of 3/3.5 and have tried 5e both as a player and DM. It does not have the level of customization that I enjoyed having all of the books and settings in 3.5.
The Game Details:
Location: Fantasy Grounds VVT
Days: Mondays, with optional Fridays, Saturdays
Time: M or F (7:15 pm PST - 10? 11?); Saturday (As needed & available)
Frequency: Weekly (with occasional off days)
Setting: Open Homebrew Universe (incorporates pieces of Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, Dragonlance and other Homebrew) with hooks, but beware my brain is an older model so trying to go too far, too fast causes buffering issues...
Players Age: 18+
Player Number: No limit to number in campaign, will limit number per session (hence alternative days)
Player Experience: Any, I have introduced and taught the game and I have played with veterans going all the way back to 1e.
Starting Level: 1st
Rules: Modified 3.5e/Pf1
Playstyle: Roleplay, with Combat, Puzzles, Intrigue (I will match your effort).
Alignment: Generally CN-LG, if you want to play an evil character, it can be discussed, BUT most likely you will be an antagonist to the party, not a part of it.
Vetting: The party decides who is in and out. I don't want to be a ref, I want to focus on the story, the rewards, the progress not babysit children fighting each other.
The DM:
LQBTQIA friendly.
26 years DM experience with 3/3.5e (6 with 5e) we don't talk about 4e.
I believe the rules are a great foundation, but also enjoy a lot homebrew including crit failures, exploding crits (or improved crits), new feats, spells, etc... that allow storytelling, roleplaying and personalization to thrive and also making a fantasy world more realistic.
I do tend to create worlds with consequences. However, I will drop clues about bad ideas. I won't lead you to your (character's) doom, but I will allow you to ignore my warnings and lead yourself to it. Poke the Great Wyrm in the butt and get eaten. Steal from the much more powerful wizard and be erased. Anger a god and be smited.
I reward creativity, teamwork and ingenuity. Please! Solve a problem in a way I didn't expect and surprise me, I will increase your rewards. I penalize whining, bad attitudes, disrespect, not accepting a ruling, that can get you ejected, killed off, decreased rewards.
I am interested in your campaign. It has been a long time since I have played 3.5 but I enjoyed it when I was playing. Yes we do not speak of 4th edition. Oops I guess I just did...lol.
Interest in 3.5 based homebrew campaign?
I am a long time DM of 3/3.5 and have tried 5e both as a player and DM. It does not have the level of customization that I enjoyed having all of the books and settings in 3.5.
The Game Details:
Location: Fantasy Grounds VVT
Days: Mondays, with optional Fridays, Saturdays
Time: M or F (7:15 pm PST - 10? 11?); Saturday (As needed & available)
Frequency: Weekly (with occasional off days)
Setting: Open Homebrew Universe (incorporates pieces of Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, Dragonlance and other Homebrew) with hooks, but beware my brain is an older model so trying to go too far, too fast causes buffering issues...
Players Age: 18+
Player Number: No limit to number in campaign, will limit number per session (hence alternative days)
Player Experience: Any, I have introduced and taught the game and I have played with veterans going all the way back to 1e.
Starting Level: 1st
Rules: Modified 3.5e/Pf1
Playstyle: Roleplay, with Combat, Puzzles, Intrigue (I will match your effort).
Alignment: Generally CN-LG, if you want to play an evil character, it can be discussed, BUT most likely you will be an antagonist to the party, not a part of it.
Vetting: The party decides who is in and out. I don't want to be a ref, I want to focus on the story, the rewards, the progress not babysit children fighting each other.
The DM:
LQBTQIA friendly.
26 years DM experience with 3/3.5e (6 with 5e) we don't talk about 4e.
I believe the rules are a great foundation, but also enjoy a lot homebrew including crit failures, exploding crits (or improved crits), new feats, spells, etc... that allow storytelling, roleplaying and personalization to thrive and also making a fantasy world more realistic.
I do tend to create worlds with consequences. However, I will drop clues about bad ideas. I won't lead you to your (character's) doom, but I will allow you to ignore my warnings and lead yourself to it. Poke the Great Wyrm in the butt and get eaten. Steal from the much more powerful wizard and be erased. Anger a god and be smited.
I reward creativity, teamwork and ingenuity. Please! Solve a problem in a way I didn't expect and surprise me, I will increase your rewards. I penalize whining, bad attitudes, disrespect, not accepting a ruling, that can get you ejected, killed off, decreased rewards.
I am interested in your campaign. It has been a long time since I have played 3.5 but I enjoyed it when I was playing. Yes we do not speak of 4th edition. Oops I guess I just did...lol.
Yo lemme joI’m I am free every day after 5pm and can play till 12pm, to give reference for time right now it is 2:30