System: D&D 5e Playstyle: Roughly 70% roleplay, 30% combat Schedule: Fridays at 1 PM Central (7 PM UK time during British Summer Time) Openings: New table forming, Session Zero hasn't happened yet Cost: $35 per session Session Zero and your first session are free!
Welcome to the Forsaken Province!
Imagine a world where the villains from your favorite fairy tales actually won.
The Red Queen rules Wonderland, Maleficent's curse has left an entire kingdom trapped in an endless sleep, the Evil Queen has built a kingdom around her enchanted mirrors, and Peter Pan is still taking children to Neverland.
That's the basic idea behind the Forsaken Province, a homebrew setting I've been building and running games in for years.
Each of the countries is inspired by different fairy tales, with their own cultures, politics, conflicts, and problems. Some are considerably worse places to live than others, but none of them are quite as simple as good versus evil.
One of my favorite parts of running this setting is seeing how different groups interact with the world. I've had parties get wrapped up in political intrigue, make deals with people they probably shouldn't have, accidentally cause some pretty significant problems, and occasionally save the day.
And, of course, sometimes they're the problem.
There's a lot going on in the world already, but where this particular campaign goes is something we'll figure out together.
What Would We Actually Be Playing?
That's partially up to you!
I'm putting together a brand-new table, and rather than decide what the entire campaign is going to be about before I've even met the players, I'd like to build that starting point around the group.
The Forsaken Province is a pretty big setting, and different parts of it lend themselves to very different kinds of adventures.
A few examples:
The Rouge Vale: Wonderland-inspired politics, noble houses, absurd laws, and the Red Queen's particular brand of madness.
Mirror's Edge: A kingdom built around the Evil Queen, enchanted mirrors, secrets, and a healthy amount of paranoia.
Argo Bay: Pirates, trade, sea travel, and all the trouble that comes with living in a country inspired by Captain Hook.
The Land of Our Lady: Industrial cities, class conflict, and the influence of Lady Tremaine.
The Land of the Briar Rose: Maleficent's kingdom, where her curse has shaped far more than just the sleeping castle.
The Emerald Dominion: Unpredictable magic, strange creatures, and the kind of fairy tale nonsense that can become genuinely dangerous.
These are just a few of the places we could explore. A few players are leaning towards an Emerald Dominion campaign.
I've run political campaigns, horror campaigns, high-level adventures involving gods, and plenty of stories that started relatively small before spiraling into something much bigger.
During Session Zero, we'll talk about what everyone enjoys, what kinds of characters people want to play, and which parts of the world sound interesting. From there, I'll work on building a campaign that gives everyone something to get invested in.
That doesn't mean every single thing will revolve around the party. The world has its own moving pieces, and things will happen with or without the characters getting involved. But your choices absolutely can change how things turn out.
A Little About Me
Hey everyone! I'm Pun.
I've been running D&D for over 10 years now, with more than 6 of those years spent running games professionally.
In that time, I've completed three full campaigns that went from level 1 all the way to level 20, each running for over four years. I've also got a fourth campaign coming up on its finale, along with several other ongoing tables.
I mention that because I know one of the frustrating things about finding an online game is getting invested in a character and a story, only for the campaign to fall apart a few months later.
Obviously, life happens, and no game is completely immune to scheduling issues, but running games is my full-time job, and it's something I take seriously.
I also really enjoy worldbuilding. I've been doing it since I was a kid, and the Forsaken Province has become a pretty massive project over the years. A lot of what's in it today has come from previous players, their characters, and the things they've done during their campaigns.
One of the things I enjoy most is taking a character's backstory and finding ways to make it matter in the larger world. I love giving players people, places, and problems they have a personal reason to care about.
And while I enjoy combat, I'm much more interested in the story surrounding a fight than simply throwing monsters at a party every week.
What Are My Games Like?
I tend to run games that are roughly 70% roleplay and 30% combat, although that can vary pretty significantly depending on what's happening.
I enjoy giving players room to talk to NPCs, investigate things, make plans, and generally get themselves into situations I couldn't possibly have prepared for.
I'm also pretty flexible when it comes to creative problem-solving. If you've got an interesting idea, I'm usually happy to hear it out and figure out how we might make it work within the rules.
That doesn't mean everything automatically succeeds, though. Actions have consequences, and sometimes the dice just aren't on your side.
I like a good mixture of serious storytelling and the ridiculous things that inevitably happen when you put a group of D&D players in the same room.
A campaign might involve negotiating with a powerful noble one week, investigating something genuinely unsettling the next, and then spending an hour dealing with the consequences of somebody's spectacularly bad decision.
That's part of the fun for me.
I also enjoy longer campaigns where characters have room to grow, relationships develop naturally, and something that happened twenty sessions ago might come back to haunt you.
What You'll Get at My Table
A free Session Zero and first session. I want you to have a chance to meet everyone and try the game before spending any money.
Character creation and onboarding help. Whether you've played for years or this is your very first game, I'm happy to help you get everything set up.
A story that incorporates your character. I work with players on their backstories and try to give everyone personal connections to the world.
A consistent weekly game. We play four times a month, with a regular schedule.
An established community. I've got over 25 active players across my games, and you're welcome to become part of that community.
A DM who prepares between sessions. I keep track of what's happening, what your characters are doing, and how the world responds.
I can also share testimonials from players at my existing tables if you'd like to hear about their experiences.
Pricing and Getting Started
Sessions are $35 per player.
Session Zero and your first actual game session are completely free.
I know joining a long-term paid campaign is a commitment, especially when you haven't played with the DM or the other players before. I'd much rather give everyone a chance to see whether it's a good fit first.
What You'll Need
Be 18 or older.
Have a reliable internet connection and a working microphone.
Be willing to use Discord, Roll20, D&D Beyond, and Beyond20.
Be respectful of the other players and willing to communicate.
New players are absolutely welcome! You don't need to know the rules inside and out, and you definitely don't need any familiarity with the Forsaken Province.
If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, send me a message with a little information about yourself!
Name or nickname: Are you 18 or older?: Pronouns: Time zone: How long have you been playing D&D?: What got you interested in D&D?: What kind of playstyle do you enjoy?: Discord username: What kind of character might you want to play in a world ruled by fairy tale villains?: Anything else I should know?: Any questions for me?:
You don't need to have a fully developed character concept just yet. We can figure that out together once we've got the group together.
Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this! I'm looking forward to getting another group into the Forsaken Province and seeing what kind of trouble they manage to find.
A Villain-Ruled World of Broken Fairy Tales
System: D&D 5e
Playstyle: Roughly 70% roleplay, 30% combat
Schedule: Fridays at 1 PM Central (7 PM UK time during British Summer Time)
Openings: New table forming, Session Zero hasn't happened yet
Cost: $35 per session
Session Zero and your first session are free!
Welcome to the Forsaken Province!
Imagine a world where the villains from your favorite fairy tales actually won.
The Red Queen rules Wonderland, Maleficent's curse has left an entire kingdom trapped in an endless sleep, the Evil Queen has built a kingdom around her enchanted mirrors, and Peter Pan is still taking children to Neverland.
That's the basic idea behind the Forsaken Province, a homebrew setting I've been building and running games in for years.
Each of the countries is inspired by different fairy tales, with their own cultures, politics, conflicts, and problems. Some are considerably worse places to live than others, but none of them are quite as simple as good versus evil.
One of my favorite parts of running this setting is seeing how different groups interact with the world. I've had parties get wrapped up in political intrigue, make deals with people they probably shouldn't have, accidentally cause some pretty significant problems, and occasionally save the day.
And, of course, sometimes they're the problem.
There's a lot going on in the world already, but where this particular campaign goes is something we'll figure out together.
What Would We Actually Be Playing?
That's partially up to you!
I'm putting together a brand-new table, and rather than decide what the entire campaign is going to be about before I've even met the players, I'd like to build that starting point around the group.
The Forsaken Province is a pretty big setting, and different parts of it lend themselves to very different kinds of adventures.
A few examples:
The Rouge Vale: Wonderland-inspired politics, noble houses, absurd laws, and the Red Queen's particular brand of madness.
Mirror's Edge: A kingdom built around the Evil Queen, enchanted mirrors, secrets, and a healthy amount of paranoia.
Argo Bay: Pirates, trade, sea travel, and all the trouble that comes with living in a country inspired by Captain Hook.
The Land of Our Lady: Industrial cities, class conflict, and the influence of Lady Tremaine.
The Land of the Briar Rose: Maleficent's kingdom, where her curse has shaped far more than just the sleeping castle.
The Emerald Dominion: Unpredictable magic, strange creatures, and the kind of fairy tale nonsense that can become genuinely dangerous.
These are just a few of the places we could explore. A few players are leaning towards an Emerald Dominion campaign.
I've run political campaigns, horror campaigns, high-level adventures involving gods, and plenty of stories that started relatively small before spiraling into something much bigger.
During Session Zero, we'll talk about what everyone enjoys, what kinds of characters people want to play, and which parts of the world sound interesting. From there, I'll work on building a campaign that gives everyone something to get invested in.
That doesn't mean every single thing will revolve around the party. The world has its own moving pieces, and things will happen with or without the characters getting involved. But your choices absolutely can change how things turn out.
A Little About Me
Hey everyone! I'm Pun.
I've been running D&D for over 10 years now, with more than 6 of those years spent running games professionally.
In that time, I've completed three full campaigns that went from level 1 all the way to level 20, each running for over four years. I've also got a fourth campaign coming up on its finale, along with several other ongoing tables.
I mention that because I know one of the frustrating things about finding an online game is getting invested in a character and a story, only for the campaign to fall apart a few months later.
Obviously, life happens, and no game is completely immune to scheduling issues, but running games is my full-time job, and it's something I take seriously.
I also really enjoy worldbuilding. I've been doing it since I was a kid, and the Forsaken Province has become a pretty massive project over the years. A lot of what's in it today has come from previous players, their characters, and the things they've done during their campaigns.
One of the things I enjoy most is taking a character's backstory and finding ways to make it matter in the larger world. I love giving players people, places, and problems they have a personal reason to care about.
And while I enjoy combat, I'm much more interested in the story surrounding a fight than simply throwing monsters at a party every week.
What Are My Games Like?
I tend to run games that are roughly 70% roleplay and 30% combat, although that can vary pretty significantly depending on what's happening.
I enjoy giving players room to talk to NPCs, investigate things, make plans, and generally get themselves into situations I couldn't possibly have prepared for.
I'm also pretty flexible when it comes to creative problem-solving. If you've got an interesting idea, I'm usually happy to hear it out and figure out how we might make it work within the rules.
That doesn't mean everything automatically succeeds, though. Actions have consequences, and sometimes the dice just aren't on your side.
I like a good mixture of serious storytelling and the ridiculous things that inevitably happen when you put a group of D&D players in the same room.
A campaign might involve negotiating with a powerful noble one week, investigating something genuinely unsettling the next, and then spending an hour dealing with the consequences of somebody's spectacularly bad decision.
That's part of the fun for me.
I also enjoy longer campaigns where characters have room to grow, relationships develop naturally, and something that happened twenty sessions ago might come back to haunt you.
What You'll Get at My Table
A free Session Zero and first session. I want you to have a chance to meet everyone and try the game before spending any money.
Character creation and onboarding help. Whether you've played for years or this is your very first game, I'm happy to help you get everything set up.
A story that incorporates your character. I work with players on their backstories and try to give everyone personal connections to the world.
A consistent weekly game. We play four times a month, with a regular schedule.
An established community. I've got over 25 active players across my games, and you're welcome to become part of that community.
A DM who prepares between sessions. I keep track of what's happening, what your characters are doing, and how the world responds.
I can also share testimonials from players at my existing tables if you'd like to hear about their experiences.
Pricing and Getting Started
Sessions are $35 per player.
Session Zero and your first actual game session are completely free.
I know joining a long-term paid campaign is a commitment, especially when you haven't played with the DM or the other players before. I'd much rather give everyone a chance to see whether it's a good fit first.
What You'll Need
Be 18 or older.
Have a reliable internet connection and a working microphone.
Be willing to use Discord, Roll20, D&D Beyond, and Beyond20.
Be respectful of the other players and willing to communicate.
New players are absolutely welcome! You don't need to know the rules inside and out, and you definitely don't need any familiarity with the Forsaken Province.
You can also check out the StartPlaying listing here.
Interested in Joining?
If this sounds like something you'd enjoy, send me a message with a little information about yourself!
Name or nickname:
Are you 18 or older?:
Pronouns:
Time zone:
How long have you been playing D&D?:
What got you interested in D&D?:
What kind of playstyle do you enjoy?:
Discord username:
What kind of character might you want to play in a world ruled by fairy tale villains?:
Anything else I should know?:
Any questions for me?:
You don't need to have a fully developed character concept just yet. We can figure that out together once we've got the group together.
Thanks for taking the time to read through all of this! I'm looking forward to getting another group into the Forsaken Province and seeing what kind of trouble they manage to find.
- Pun
Hey there, you might consider putting a purple paid tag next to the golden "lfp" tag since you have a cost listed for your campaign.