Game: D&D 5e/5.5e Group Preferred: Online Experience: New (about 5-6 months) Timezone: EST Availability: Generally available any day, specific time is flexible Preferred Platforms: Discord for voice, D&D Beyond for character sheets and VTT (can learn other platforms)
I've had trouble finding a new D&D group after my previous group fell apart due to scheduling issues (of course) so I decided that I might as well make a post instead of just browsing the forums. I only started playing around 5 months ago but have been wanting to play for years since discovering actual plays like Legends of Avantris and World of Io. I'm still discovering what type of game I like but so far I've determined that I like a balance of roleplay and combat, with a vibe that can be casual and serious depending on the situation.
I'd like to introduce myself so you can get an idea of what kind of player I might be. Hi! I go by Wolf online. I like animals, playing games, watching shows/anime, listening to music, and reading Warriors. I'm also autistic and have anxiety, which has made finding people to play with WAY more difficult than it should be. I'm pro LGBTQ+ and anti generative AI and wish for everyone to treat each other with respect. In addition to joining a D&D group, I would like to make some new friends, as in all my 19 years on this earth I have only managed to make 3 friends. That's all I can think of to put here, but I hope I can meet some wonderful people!
In addition to this introduction I'd like to give a reference for the kind of character I can make. The character below was originally made for a Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign that fell through.
Red Male Infernal Tiefling Monk Lvl 1
Backstory:
Red was basically born into the Silver Wolves*, being taken just 1 year after being born. Throughout his childhood, Red was forced to undergo rigorous and unrelenting training with no room to fall behind. During his teenage years, he was sent to job after job, risking his life for people he didn't know, and for an organization he despised, all for the executives of the Silver Wolves to take every last bit of money the mercenaries tirelessly worked for. Red's adulthood was not much different, besides more difficult missions, but there was something stirring within him, something that would set him free. When he was 24 he worked a job that required escorting volatile substances within a mining compound, but there were many setbacks because of poor management, so the escort was rushing to be on time. The escort was making quick progress, but to do so they needed to stack all the containers of the substances on one cart, which provided the perfect opportunity for escape. As soon as this opportunity arose the feeling Red had for years suddenly blazed like an inferno, he knew what he had to do. Drawing on the power of his ancestry he shot a bolt of fire at the cart, which created a ball of fire big enough to be seen and heard anywhere within the mining compound, and a hole in the wall big enough for escape. Using the explosion as a distraction, Red leaped through the flames, through the hole in the wall, and into the mountains. Many hours passed before he stumbled upon a monastery, where he was taken in by the monks who lived there. For a little less than a year he lived with and trained under the monks, but he had already spent the majority of his life taking orders from others. So he left to live a life of his own, free from direct authority.
*Homebrew Organization: The Silver Wolves is an organization that takes children from their homes to train them to be powerful combatants. After the trainees pass a test they are branded with the symbol of the Silver Wolves, and then sent out on jobs as mercenaries. Most of the money made by the mercenaries is taken by the executives, who distribute a tiny portion of the earnings to the ones who worked for the money. While there is a method to leave the organization, it is a complicated process of necessary qualifications and paperwork, making it nearly impossible for the mercenaries to complete especially since many of them are not taught to read and write. The conditions for the mercenaries are often horrible, and the pay is practically non-existent, but escape was very difficult, and this place was all the mercenaries knew. There have only been a select few to escape the clutches of the Silver Wolves, whether through the long and complicated resignment process, or through evading them after bailing on missions, only the most talented, or lucky, individuals can live a life away from the Silver Wolves.
The Silver Wolves have an image of a wolf head as a symbol of their organization.
The Bloodhounds: A squad of 4 powerful agents that specialize in tracking down missing members.
That's all I'm gonna write for this post. Feel free to comment on this post or PM me for any questions you may have and I'll get back as soon as I can. Hope everyone has a good day!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Game: D&D 5e/5.5e
Group Preferred: Online
Experience: New (about 5-6 months)
Timezone: EST
Availability: Generally available any day, specific time is flexible
Preferred Platforms: Discord for voice, D&D Beyond for character sheets and VTT (can learn other platforms)
I've had trouble finding a new D&D group after my previous group fell apart due to scheduling issues (of course) so I decided that I might as well make a post instead of just browsing the forums. I only started playing around 5 months ago but have been wanting to play for years since discovering actual plays like Legends of Avantris and World of Io. I'm still discovering what type of game I like but so far I've determined that I like a balance of roleplay and combat, with a vibe that can be casual and serious depending on the situation.
I'd like to introduce myself so you can get an idea of what kind of player I might be. Hi! I go by Wolf online. I like animals, playing games, watching shows/anime, listening to music, and reading Warriors. I'm also autistic and have anxiety, which has made finding people to play with WAY more difficult than it should be. I'm pro LGBTQ+ and anti generative AI and wish for everyone to treat each other with respect. In addition to joining a D&D group, I would like to make some new friends, as in all my 19 years on this earth I have only managed to make 3 friends. That's all I can think of to put here, but I hope I can meet some wonderful people!
In addition to this introduction I'd like to give a reference for the kind of character I can make. The character below was originally made for a Lost Mines of Phandelver campaign that fell through.
Red
Male Infernal Tiefling Monk
Lvl 1
Backstory:
Red was basically born into the Silver Wolves*, being taken just 1 year after being born. Throughout his childhood, Red was forced to undergo rigorous and unrelenting training with no room to fall behind. During his teenage years, he was sent to job after job, risking his life for people he didn't know, and for an organization he despised, all for the executives of the Silver Wolves to take every last bit of money the mercenaries tirelessly worked for. Red's adulthood was not much different, besides more difficult missions, but there was something stirring within him, something that would set him free. When he was 24 he worked a job that required escorting volatile substances within a mining compound, but there were many setbacks because of poor management, so the escort was rushing to be on time. The escort was making quick progress, but to do so they needed to stack all the containers of the substances on one cart, which provided the perfect opportunity for escape. As soon as this opportunity arose the feeling Red had for years suddenly blazed like an inferno, he knew what he had to do. Drawing on the power of his ancestry he shot a bolt of fire at the cart, which created a ball of fire big enough to be seen and heard anywhere within the mining compound, and a hole in the wall big enough for escape. Using the explosion as a distraction, Red leaped through the flames, through the hole in the wall, and into the mountains. Many hours passed before he stumbled upon a monastery, where he was taken in by the monks who lived there. For a little less than a year he lived with and trained under the monks, but he had already spent the majority of his life taking orders from others. So he left to live a life of his own, free from direct authority.
*Homebrew Organization:
The Silver Wolves is an organization that takes children from their homes to train them to be powerful combatants. After the trainees pass a test they are branded with the symbol of the Silver Wolves, and then sent out on jobs as mercenaries. Most of the money made by the mercenaries is taken by the executives, who distribute a tiny portion of the earnings to the ones who worked for the money. While there is a method to leave the organization, it is a complicated process of necessary qualifications and paperwork, making it nearly impossible for the mercenaries to complete especially since many of them are not taught to read and write. The conditions for the mercenaries are often horrible, and the pay is practically non-existent, but escape was very difficult, and this place was all the mercenaries knew. There have only been a select few to escape the clutches of the Silver Wolves, whether through the long and complicated resignment process, or through evading them after bailing on missions, only the most talented, or lucky, individuals can live a life away from the Silver Wolves.
The Silver Wolves have an image of a wolf head as a symbol of their organization.
The Bloodhounds: A squad of 4 powerful agents that specialize in tracking down missing members.
That's all I'm gonna write for this post. Feel free to comment on this post or PM me for any questions you may have and I'll get back as soon as I can. Hope everyone has a good day!