When are you going to finally put in the weapon mastery properties from Northlands? It makes no sense for me to buy a product then not be able use fully use it. There has been plenty of time to correct this but I guess D&D is to busy trying to constantly put out new material without dealing with issues they already have
Tordalfr's Rebuttal is an Aetgir weapon but talks about javelins and throwing it? Is this an error as an Aetgir is a 2handed weapon with no throwing capability unless someone gets the thrown arms master feat? was this supposed to be a javelin (or snaerispear)?
Some features such as the skirmisher fighting style feat do not appear in fighting style feat choices for some classes or even in manual addition on the sheet. A fighter can take it but a monster hunter of grim hollow can't. A character with none of that may not manually add it even while deactivating prerequisites ( Do not appear in feat list )
Feats missing from the Manage Feat List, and other feat problems...
so I'm having trouble with a number of feats from the Northlands Worldbook I recently bought on dnd beyond. First of all, Ice Mastery and Lighting Mastery are in the book that I bought and in the dnd beyond feat list, but I can't see or add them from the manage feats list. They are missing even when I try to find them on a 2024 character, with class spell casting feature, elemental adept selected, and even feat prerequisites turned off. This applies to a few other feats that I noticed are in the book, but do not show up in the manage feat list, like Brewer. These feats can be found when I search the feats section on dnd beyond, but not on my character sheets. Its possible that there are more that are missing, I didn't check every feat, but I wanted Ice and Lighting Mastery for characters, so I found this quite disappointing.
I also want to complain about smaller, also annoying thing that I would really appreciate if you could fix. The majority of the feats work on a 2024 or a 2014 character, but then there are some feats which only work on the 2024 characters. This is unfortunate as I want to add them into my 2014 style campaign. These are Boisterous Roar, Combat Flyting, Giant Slayer, and Spear Expert. I can see no reason why these don't work while others do, especially because I can add the 2024 Weapons Master feat to the 2014 characters, and I bought the book so that I could, hoping that it would let me add spear expert to my players character. (I'm DM-ing for a group who I'm hoping to give access to a number of feats from this book).
This is disappointing. At this point I'll have to homebrew a number of feats that I paid for, just so they work on my characters. Next time I would consider just creating them on homebrew first if I have to spend so much time building the working homebrew versions. Especially because every time I deleted a prerequisite from the spear expert template feat, I had to reload my page, because it would just get stuck on the loading wheel.
Feats missing from the Manage Feat List, and other feat problems...
For Giant Slayer and Spear Expert, the prerequisite does say "Weapon Mastery Class Feature". Strictly RAW, since the Weapon Master feat is not the Weapon Mastery Class Feature, it (correctly) doesn't qualify.
That said, if you disable Feat Prerequisites for that character, you should be able to add them regardless. If you're adding them from Manage Feats, you'll need to scroll to the bottom and open Unavailable Feats to find them and add them from there.
As for the other feats, I'm able to add them all without issue. A couple things to verify:
The hunter feat is straight up missing, I've checked in both the manage feats page and in character creation. It's just not there. Entitlements are synced, KP is enabled, it doesn't appear in the unavailable feats section.
Some features such as the skirmisher fighting style feat do not appear in fighting style feat choices for some classes or even in manual addition on the sheet. A fighter can take it but a monster hunter of grim hollow can't.
Fixed!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Still have not gotten a reply for "When are you going to finally put in the weapon mastery properties from Northlands?"
Due to a system limitation, third-party weapons aren't included in the "Choose a Weapon Mastery" dropdown. However, there's a "Weapon Mastery (Northlands Worldbook)" feat you can use to add those instead. You can add it on your sheet by going to Features & Traits > Manage Feats.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Is this one of the delayed rollouts? Not seeing the feat on a character under Kobold Press. Thought it might just be an older character, but made a new one and still not seeing it.
Checked under Rules/Feats. It is saying: "This feat is part of the Northlands Worldbook book. You can unlock this feat by purchasing the book in our marketplace."
I already bought the book? I checked, and I my entitlements are in sync.
Also, will the Northlands armors be added to class profs or will we need to add them as manual profs?
Is this one of the delayed rollouts? Not seeing the feat on a character under Kobold Press. Thought it might just be an older character, but made a new one and still not seeing it.
Checked under Rules/Feats. It is saying: "This feat is part of the Northlands Worldbook book. You can unlock this feat by purchasing the book in our marketplace."
I already bought the book? I checked, and I my entitlements are in sync.
Also, will the Northlands armors be added to class profs or will we need to add them as manual profs?
The Steel Jaws Weapon Mastery feat took a good chunk of time to work. So the Northlands one will likely take a while, too.
The armors are a different story.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
Checked under Rules/Feats. It is saying: "This feat is part of the Northlands Worldbook book. You can unlock this feat by purchasing the book in our marketplace."
Should be fixed! You may need to sync your entitlements again first.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
While the "book" itself has the appropriate character level for each subclass feature, when accessing the classes directly (through Rules > Classes), options from this publication mostly do not display at which level each feature is obtained (Skald does, but Path of the Titan and Nornbound amongst others) do not. As there are no summary table at the top of the subclass, it is difficult to tell when one gets what.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
When are you going to finally put in the weapon mastery properties from Northlands? It makes no sense for me to buy a product then not be able use fully use it. There has been plenty of time to correct this but I guess D&D is to busy trying to constantly put out new material without dealing with issues they already have
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFixed!
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Tordalfr's Rebuttal is an Aetgir weapon but talks about javelins and throwing it? Is this an error as an Aetgir is a 2handed weapon with no throwing capability unless someone gets the thrown arms master feat? was this supposed to be a javelin (or snaerispear)?
Only the Atgeir shows up for Weapon Mastery...
Some features such as the skirmisher fighting style feat do not appear in fighting style feat choices for some classes or even in manual addition on the sheet. A fighter can take it but a monster hunter of grim hollow can't.
A character with none of that may not manually add it even while deactivating prerequisites ( Do not appear in feat list )
Spells do not appear in bardic magical secrets. As for the spells of some other recent books
Feats missing from the Manage Feat List, and other feat problems...
so I'm having trouble with a number of feats from the Northlands Worldbook I recently bought on dnd beyond. First of all, Ice Mastery and Lighting Mastery are in the book that I bought and in the dnd beyond feat list, but I can't see or add them from the manage feats list. They are missing even when I try to find them on a 2024 character, with class spell casting feature, elemental adept selected, and even feat prerequisites turned off. This applies to a few other feats that I noticed are in the book, but do not show up in the manage feat list, like Brewer. These feats can be found when I search the feats section on dnd beyond, but not on my character sheets. Its possible that there are more that are missing, I didn't check every feat, but I wanted Ice and Lighting Mastery for characters, so I found this quite disappointing.
I also want to complain about smaller, also annoying thing that I would really appreciate if you could fix. The majority of the feats work on a 2024 or a 2014 character, but then there are some feats which only work on the 2024 characters. This is unfortunate as I want to add them into my 2014 style campaign. These are Boisterous Roar, Combat Flyting, Giant Slayer, and Spear Expert. I can see no reason why these don't work while others do, especially because I can add the 2024 Weapons Master feat to the 2014 characters, and I bought the book so that I could, hoping that it would let me add spear expert to my players character. (I'm DM-ing for a group who I'm hoping to give access to a number of feats from this book).
This is disappointing. At this point I'll have to homebrew a number of feats that I paid for, just so they work on my characters. Next time I would consider just creating them on homebrew first if I have to spend so much time building the working homebrew versions. Especially because every time I deleted a prerequisite from the spear expert template feat, I had to reload my page, because it would just get stuck on the loading wheel.
Thanks. Hope you guys fix this. Have a good Life.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFor Giant Slayer and Spear Expert, the prerequisite does say "Weapon Mastery Class Feature". Strictly RAW, since the Weapon Master feat is not the Weapon Mastery Class Feature, it (correctly) doesn't qualify.
That said, if you disable Feat Prerequisites for that character, you should be able to add them regardless. If you're adding them from Manage Feats, you'll need to scroll to the bottom and open Unavailable Feats to find them and add them from there.
As for the other feats, I'm able to add them all without issue. A couple things to verify:
https://www.dndbeyond.com/account/licenses
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
The hunter feat is straight up missing, I've checked in both the manage feats page and in character creation. It's just not there. Entitlements are synced, KP is enabled, it doesn't appear in the unavailable feats section.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFixed!
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFixed!
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFixed!
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Still have not gotten a reply for "When are you going to finally put in the weapon mastery properties from Northlands?"It exists.
It just isn't showing up for everyone ATM.
Much like w/how long the Steel Jaws one took.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorDue to a system limitation, third-party weapons aren't included in the "Choose a Weapon Mastery" dropdown. However, there's a "Weapon Mastery (Northlands Worldbook)" feat you can use to add those instead. You can add it on your sheet by going to Features & Traits > Manage Feats.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Is this one of the delayed rollouts? Not seeing the feat on a character under Kobold Press. Thought it might just be an older character, but made a new one and still not seeing it.
Checked under Rules/Feats. It is saying: "This feat is part of the Northlands Worldbook book. You can unlock this feat by purchasing the book in our marketplace."
I already bought the book? I checked, and I my entitlements are in sync.
Also, will the Northlands armors be added to class profs or will we need to add them as manual profs?
The Steel Jaws Weapon Mastery feat took a good chunk of time to work. So the Northlands one will likely take a while, too.
The armors are a different story.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorShould be fixed! You may need to sync your entitlements again first.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
That worked: no sync needed. Thank you.
One note: the While it shows that the weapon has a Mastery property, the mastery property does not show in the notes, at least for the Bearded Axe.
While the "book" itself has the appropriate character level for each subclass feature, when accessing the classes directly (through Rules > Classes), options from this publication mostly do not display at which level each feature is obtained (Skald does, but Path of the Titan and Nornbound amongst others) do not. As there are no summary table at the top of the subclass, it is difficult to tell when one gets what.