I'm planning to prepare new one-shots for my players and I'd like to ask you a favour: Could you recommend me good one-shots included in 5e modules? (Just tell me the book and the name of the adventure).
You can also recommend me adventures that can be run throughout 2-3 sessions.
For 5e there are several adventure anthologies: Tales from the Yawning Portal, Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel, and Quests from the Infinite Staircase, which each have a whole bunch of small adventures that you can peruse and select from. I would check it out.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
He doesn't have much besides the skin on his bones. Me: I'll take the skin on his bones, then.
"You see a gigantic, monstrous praying mantis burst from out of the ground. It sprays a stream of acid from it's mouth at one soldier, dissolving him instantly, then it turns and chomps another soldier in half with it's- "
One of my favourites is Shemshine's Bedtime Rhyme in Candlekeep Mysteries. Nicely atmospheric horror story, all set in one room so it's easy to run, and if you go on YouTube there's plenty of people who have recorded the haunted rhyme in question so if you play that the whole session your players will really get the feel of going slowly insane it's aiming for
One of my favourites is Shemshine's Bedtime Rhyme in Candlekeep Mysteries. Nicely atmospheric horror story, all set in one room so it's easy to run, and if you go on YouTube there's plenty of people who have recorded the haunted rhyme in question so if you play that the whole session your players will really get the feel of going slowly insane it's aiming for
For 5e there are several adventure anthologies: Tales from the Yawning Portal, Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel, and Quests from the Infinite Staircase, which each have a whole bunch of small adventures that you can peruse and select from. I would check it out.
Yeah, I've got those, but which one would you recommend me? Is there any of those adventures that you really enjoyed? 😊
If your players are a little cocky, just run them through Tomb of Horrors from Tales from the Yawning Portal, it's a classic adventure that was updated to 5e and was originally created by Gary Gygax in 1975.
Honestly, Tales from the Yawning Portal is a great Adventure Anthology if your players like Dungeons.
Breathe, dragons; sing of the First World, forged out of chaos and painted with beauty. Sing of Bahamut, the Platinum, molding the shape of the mountains and rivers; Sing too of Chromatic Tiamat, painting all over the infinite canvas. Partnered, they woke in the darkness; partnered, they labored in acts of creation.
For 5e there are several adventure anthologies: Tales from the Yawning Portal, Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel, and Quests from the Infinite Staircase, which each have a whole bunch of small adventures that you can peruse and select from. I would check it out.
Yeah, I've got those, but which one would you recommend me? Is there any of thode adventures that you really enjoyed? 😊
I actually haven't run any of those adventures in the anthologies, as I'm not big on premade adventures. It would be helpful to know what level and possibly theme you're going for.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
He doesn't have much besides the skin on his bones. Me: I'll take the skin on his bones, then.
"You see a gigantic, monstrous praying mantis burst from out of the ground. It sprays a stream of acid from it's mouth at one soldier, dissolving him instantly, then it turns and chomps another soldier in half with it's- "
If your players are a little cocky, just run them through Tomb of Horrors from Tales from the Yawning Portal, it's a classic adventure that was updated to 5e and was originally created by Gary Gygax in 1975.
Honestly, Tales from the Yawning Portal is a great Adventure Anthology if your players like Dungeons.
Hi there, Midgardians!
I'm planning to prepare new one-shots for my players and I'd like to ask you a favour: Could you recommend me good one-shots included in 5e modules? (Just tell me the book and the name of the adventure).
You can also recommend me adventures that can be run throughout 2-3 sessions.
Thanks for your help!
For 5e there are several adventure anthologies: Tales from the Yawning Portal, Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel, and Quests from the Infinite Staircase, which each have a whole bunch of small adventures that you can peruse and select from. I would check it out.
He doesn't have much besides the skin on his bones. Me: I'll take the skin on his bones, then.
"You see a gigantic, monstrous praying mantis burst from out of the ground. It sprays a stream of acid from it's mouth at one soldier, dissolving him instantly, then it turns and chomps another soldier in half with it's- "
"When are we gonna take a snack break?"
One of my favourites is Shemshine's Bedtime Rhyme in Candlekeep Mysteries. Nicely atmospheric horror story, all set in one room so it's easy to run, and if you go on YouTube there's plenty of people who have recorded the haunted rhyme in question so if you play that the whole session your players will really get the feel of going slowly insane it's aiming for
Thank you very much! ❤️
Yeah, I've got those, but which one would you recommend me? Is there any of those adventures that you really enjoyed? 😊
If your players are a little cocky, just run them through Tomb of Horrors from Tales from the Yawning Portal, it's a classic adventure that was updated to 5e and was originally created by Gary Gygax in 1975.
Honestly, Tales from the Yawning Portal is a great Adventure Anthology if your players like Dungeons.
Cheers!
Breathe, dragons; sing of the First World, forged out of chaos and painted with beauty.
Sing of Bahamut, the Platinum, molding the shape of the mountains and rivers;
Sing too of Chromatic Tiamat, painting all over the infinite canvas.
Partnered, they woke in the darkness; partnered, they labored in acts of creation.
I actually haven't run any of those adventures in the anthologies, as I'm not big on premade adventures. It would be helpful to know what level and possibly theme you're going for.
He doesn't have much besides the skin on his bones. Me: I'll take the skin on his bones, then.
"You see a gigantic, monstrous praying mantis burst from out of the ground. It sprays a stream of acid from it's mouth at one soldier, dissolving him instantly, then it turns and chomps another soldier in half with it's- "
"When are we gonna take a snack break?"
I've read really good reviews of that dungeon. ❤️
I quite like Dragon of Icespire Peak for something more usual fantasy.
Star Trek enthusiast, UTDR fan, Dean Winchester lover, and aspiring author/artist.
SPAMTON G. SPAMTON FOR [[present]]IDENT!