Hey all! I'm doing some testing/troubleshooting ahead of a new campaign and I'm having a problem adding homebrew I created to my own character sheet in my own campaign. I want to add a subclass to test it. I have homebrew enabled and the character is the correct level for a subclass, but in the character creator/manager, I don't see an option to select my created subclass.
My understanding is that anything I create is automatically in my collection, therefore, my own character in my own campaign with homebrew enabled should be able to use my homebrew collection. In the past my players haven't had issues adding my homebrew, but I haven't homebrewed anything for 5.5e yet so I was playing around, which is how I came accross this issue for me.
Has anyone had this problem in the past, or knows of a fix? Thanks in advance!
Do you have "Homebrew" selected as a Source option on the Home tab of the character builder? You'd need to do that to use any homebrew stuff on your character.
Also worth pointing out that 5e and 5.5e versions of classes are implemented as separate classes on D&D Beyond, and a homebrew subclass can only be associated with one or the other, not both. When you create a homebrew subclass, you select which one you want from a drop-down list. You'd need to choose the same version on the character for it to show up as an option. For instance, if you selected the 5e class when making the homebrew subclass, it won't show up as an option if you choose the 5.5e version of the same class for the character.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
pronouns: he/she/they
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hey all! I'm doing some testing/troubleshooting ahead of a new campaign and I'm having a problem adding homebrew I created to my own character sheet in my own campaign. I want to add a subclass to test it. I have homebrew enabled and the character is the correct level for a subclass, but in the character creator/manager, I don't see an option to select my created subclass.
My understanding is that anything I create is automatically in my collection, therefore, my own character in my own campaign with homebrew enabled should be able to use my homebrew collection. In the past my players haven't had issues adding my homebrew, but I haven't homebrewed anything for 5.5e yet so I was playing around, which is how I came accross this issue for me.
Has anyone had this problem in the past, or knows of a fix? Thanks in advance!
Do you have "Homebrew" selected as a Source option on the Home tab of the character builder? You'd need to do that to use any homebrew stuff on your character.
Also worth pointing out that 5e and 5.5e versions of classes are implemented as separate classes on D&D Beyond, and a homebrew subclass can only be associated with one or the other, not both. When you create a homebrew subclass, you select which one you want from a drop-down list. You'd need to choose the same version on the character for it to show up as an option. For instance, if you selected the 5e class when making the homebrew subclass, it won't show up as an option if you choose the 5.5e version of the same class for the character.
pronouns: he/she/they