I'm converting a feat to the 2024 rules and need help configuring two selectable proficiencies in the D&D Beyond homebrew feat editor.
The feat allows a character to choose two different proficiencies from this list:
Carpenter's Tools
Cook's Utensils
Navigator's Tools
Water Vehicles
One Musical Instrument
I examined the 2024 Crafter feat and found that it uses three separate Proficiency → Choose an Artisan's Tool modifiers to grant three choices.
However, my feat allows a mixture of Artisan's Tools, Navigator's Tools, Water Vehicles, and Musical Instruments.
My questions:
Is there a way to restrict proficiency choices to this specific list?
Can I configure two selections from the same list, rather than creating separate options for each tool?
Should I use feat Options with individual modifiers, or is there a modifier subtype that handles this combination?
I've already created a Shipboard Training option, but it currently displays the list as descriptive text rather than granting two actual proficiency choices.
I'd appreciate any examples of existing feats or homebrew configurations that accomplish this.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I'm converting a feat to the 2024 rules and need help configuring two selectable proficiencies in the D&D Beyond homebrew feat editor.
The feat allows a character to choose two different proficiencies from this list:
Carpenter's Tools
Cook's Utensils
Navigator's Tools
Water Vehicles
One Musical Instrument
I examined the 2024 Crafter feat and found that it uses three separate
Proficiency → Choose an Artisan's Toolmodifiers to grant three choices.However, my feat allows a mixture of Artisan's Tools, Navigator's Tools, Water Vehicles, and Musical Instruments.
My questions:
Is there a way to restrict proficiency choices to this specific list?
Can I configure two selections from the same list, rather than creating separate options for each tool?
Should I use feat Options with individual modifiers, or is there a modifier subtype that handles this combination?
I've already created a Shipboard Training option, but it currently displays the list as descriptive text rather than granting two actual proficiency choices.
I'd appreciate any examples of existing feats or homebrew configurations that accomplish this.