Should you apply critical damage to the 10d10 damage of the following feature:
Level 20: Headshot
When you score a Critical Hit against a creature using a Ranged weapon, you can choose for it to be a Headshot. If the creature has less than 100 Hit Points, it dies. Otherwise, it takes an extra 10d10 damage of the weapon’s type.
Additionally, Headshot doesn't count as part of the attack's damage in its text.
This is correct. The wording does not make the attack deal extra damage, the target simply takes the damage, so it is not affected by the critical hit.
Additionally, Headshot doesn't count as part of the attack's damage in its text.
This is correct. The wording does not make the attack deal extra damage, the target simply takes the damage, so it is not affected by the critical hit.
Is there additional text to this effect? Because I see no differentiation between this ability and, say, Brutal Strike.
(I still think that the damage isn't doubled; I just am unsure of this line of argument.)
Additionally, Headshot doesn't count as part of the attack's damage in its text.
This is correct. The wording does not make the attack deal extra damage, the target simply takes the damage, so it is not affected by the critical hit.
Is there additional text to this effect? Because I see no differentiation between this ability and, say, Brutal Strike.
(I still think that the damage isn't doubled; I just am unsure of this line of argument.)
Nothing relevant, which actually makes me change my answer: It totally doubles.
The math checks out anyway. Headshot auto-kills at 100 HP or lower. Doubling to 20d10 averages 110 damage.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Should you apply critical damage to the 10d10 damage of the following feature:
Level 20: Headshot
When you score a Critical Hit against a creature using a Ranged weapon, you can choose for it to be a Headshot. If the creature has less than 100 Hit Points, it dies. Otherwise, it takes an extra 10d10 damage of the weapon’s type.
No.
Since the ability triggers only on a Critical Hit, we must assume that the critical bonus is already factored in.
Additionally, Headshot doesn't count as part of the attack's damage in its text.
This is correct. The wording does not make the attack deal extra damage, the target simply takes the damage, so it is not affected by the critical hit.
Is there additional text to this effect? Because I see no differentiation between this ability and, say, Brutal Strike.
(I still think that the damage isn't doubled; I just am unsure of this line of argument.)
Nothing relevant, which actually makes me change my answer: It totally doubles.
The math checks out anyway. Headshot auto-kills at 100 HP or lower. Doubling to 20d10 averages 110 damage.