So I have a Rogue level 1 and I want to multiclass to Warlock.
In the Warlock class chapter, in the "As a multiclass character" section, says as follows: "Gain the following traits from the Core Warlock Traits table: Hit Point Die and training with Light armour".
So does that mean that those are the only traits I get from that table? I mean, I don't get the skill proficiencies nor the Saving Throw Proficiencies, etc., do I?
I have another question, though. I don't understand this part in the multiclasssing section:
"Pact Magic. If you have the Pact Magic feature from the Warlock class and the Spellcasting feature, you can use the spell slots you gain from Pact Magic to cast spells you have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting feature to cast Warlock spells yoy have prepared".
It's a little bit confusing to me. Could you tell me with other words what it means, please?
So I have a Rogue level 1 and I want to multiclass to Warlock.
In the Warlock class chapter, in the "As a multiclass character" section, says as follows: "Gain the following traits from the Core Warlock Traits table: Hit Point Die and training with Light armour".
So does that mean that those are the only traits I get from that table? I mean, I don't get the skill proficiencies nor the Saving Throw Proficiencies, etc., do I?
Thanks in advance. 😊
Correct. Usually, you only get the full set of class proficiencies from your first class. Some classes offer a reduced set of proficiencies when you multiclass into them, and some (like Sorcerer) don't offer any.
The reason I say "usually" is that this is technically a property of each class rather than a general rule of the game, and so it's possible that someday there might be a class that does give you all its proficiencies when you multiclass into it. But no such thing exists in official material as of this writing.
I have another question, though. I don't understand this part in the multiclasssing section:
"Pact Magic. If you have the Pact Magic feature from the Warlock class and the Spellcasting feature, you can use the spell slots you gain from Pact Magic to cast spells you have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting feature to cast Warlock spells yoy have prepared".
It's a little bit confusing to me. Could you tell me with other words what it means, please?
Thanks in advance.
It means if you are, for example, a warlock/wizard, you may use your warlock slots to cast spells you learned by virtue of being a wizard, and you may use wizard spell slots to cast spells you know from being a warlock.
It’s important to note, this doesn’t change the class list on which they appear. So if you have a feature that applies to wizard spells, it doesn’t make your warlock spell into a wizard spell, even if you use the wizard spell slot to cast it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hi there, Midgardians!
So I have a Rogue level 1 and I want to multiclass to Warlock.
In the Warlock class chapter, in the "As a multiclass character" section, says as follows: "Gain the following traits from the Core Warlock Traits table: Hit Point Die and training with Light armour".
So does that mean that those are the only traits I get from that table? I mean, I don't get the skill proficiencies nor the Saving Throw Proficiencies, etc., do I?
Thanks in advance. 😊
That is correct, you do not
Thank you!
I have another question, though. I don't understand this part in the multiclasssing section:
"Pact Magic. If you have the Pact Magic feature from the Warlock class and the Spellcasting feature, you can use the spell slots you gain from Pact Magic to cast spells you have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting feature to cast Warlock spells yoy have prepared".
It's a little bit confusing to me. Could you tell me with other words what it means, please?
Thanks in advance.
Correct. Usually, you only get the full set of class proficiencies from your first class. Some classes offer a reduced set of proficiencies when you multiclass into them, and some (like Sorcerer) don't offer any.
The reason I say "usually" is that this is technically a property of each class rather than a general rule of the game, and so it's possible that someday there might be a class that does give you all its proficiencies when you multiclass into it. But no such thing exists in official material as of this writing.
pronouns: he/she/they
It means if you are, for example, a warlock/wizard, you may use your warlock slots to cast spells you learned by virtue of being a wizard, and you may use wizard spell slots to cast spells you know from being a warlock.
It’s important to note, this doesn’t change the class list on which they appear. So if you have a feature that applies to wizard spells, it doesn’t make your warlock spell into a wizard spell, even if you use the wizard spell slot to cast it.