A month or so ago, Wizards announced it was going to partner with several big third party content providers to make new content set in classic D&D worlds, that would be released through D&D Beyond. Ravenloft was listed as one of these IPs and presumably this will be the first of such collaborations. Part of the goal was to look at existing IPs from new (or in some cases, like Eberron, old) perspectives. This looks like it may very well be the first of such products based on the timing and limited information we have on content.
Beyond that strong speculation, I do not think anything official has been stated - though happy to be wrong on that and will be following this thread in case someone else has more info!
I will also say this, I found the teaser delightfully cryptic and appropriately creepy. Greatly approve of getting some new Ravenloft content this spooky season.
I’d seen on enworld there had also been another page that has since been removed which said it’s an adventure for levels 1-3. It’s also got rules for starting at, basically, level 0. And there’s some kind of modern horror vibe going on, like you’re in a Domain of Dread that’s actually a corporate office or something.
I doubt this is the Ghostfire Gaming Ravenloft campaign announced at GenCon, pretty certain they were t due for another year or two, and the rumours it’s only levels 1-3 would seem to reenforce that. I’ll be interested to see what it is though
I'm going in saying Enworld is being the ResetEra for gaming it tends to be, & I'm instead going to posit that this MIGHT be a codename for the site & app being REBORN.
Still, it looks like the deeper parts of the SCP wiki were an inspiration for this trailer & the article....especially interpreted through the aesthetic of SCP file reading videos by the OG voice of SCP-049:TheVolgun.
I love the aesthetic, regardless.
Viktra Mordenheim & Lamordia have big GoI energy when put through this lens. ESPECIALLY Prometheus Labs.
so let me know if you agree or not but I think this is going to be a free adventure
Feels like a lot of marketing effort and a pretty big departure from the typical setting to be something free to me unless they are trying to generally gauge support for modern day Earth-focused products.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
what do we think this is an adventure, campaign book an event?
im hoping it a low level campaign
Now Loading...Project_Lamordia | Dungeons & Dragons
A month or so ago, Wizards announced it was going to partner with several big third party content providers to make new content set in classic D&D worlds, that would be released through D&D Beyond. Ravenloft was listed as one of these IPs and presumably this will be the first of such collaborations. Part of the goal was to look at existing IPs from new (or in some cases, like Eberron, old) perspectives. This looks like it may very well be the first of such products based on the timing and limited information we have on content.
Beyond that strong speculation, I do not think anything official has been stated - though happy to be wrong on that and will be following this thread in case someone else has more info!
I will also say this, I found the teaser delightfully cryptic and appropriately creepy. Greatly approve of getting some new Ravenloft content this spooky season.
I’d seen on enworld there had also been another page that has since been removed which said it’s an adventure for levels 1-3. It’s also got rules for starting at, basically, level 0.
And there’s some kind of modern horror vibe going on, like you’re in a Domain of Dread that’s actually a corporate office or something.
I doubt this is the Ghostfire Gaming Ravenloft campaign announced at GenCon, pretty certain they were t due for another year or two, and the rumours it’s only levels 1-3 would seem to reenforce that. I’ll be interested to see what it is though
I'm going in saying Enworld is being the ResetEra for gaming it tends to be, & I'm instead going to posit that this MIGHT be a codename for the site & app being REBORN.
Still, it looks like the deeper parts of the SCP wiki were an inspiration for this trailer & the article....especially interpreted through the aesthetic of SCP file reading videos by the OG voice of SCP-049:TheVolgun.
I love the aesthetic, regardless.
Viktra Mordenheim & Lamordia have big GoI energy when put through this lens. ESPECIALLY Prometheus Labs.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
so let me know if you agree or not but I think this is going to be a free adventure
Feels like a lot of marketing effort and a pretty big departure from the typical setting to be something free to me unless they are trying to generally gauge support for modern day Earth-focused products.