This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
21
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hustle like I bag groceries Bad hoes be on me then get mad lonely 'Cause I ain't getting too attached, I'm tryna grab trophies And anything that's in the way just gettin' gassed, brodie |------extended sig------|
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
ALL HAIL O_MERLIN_O. 4D8 ATTEMPT:3+7+3+7=20
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hi, I'm Ellie!!!
My hobbies: reading, crocheting, tennis, petting my puppies, getting annoyed by said puppies. I love wuthering waves, I'm such a nerd about it lol. Pronouns: any except he/him
My best friendos: Tana, Bananer28046, and Gonzy! I’m probably forgetting some… Transfem minor :3
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
Thats not good, merlin
:7+1+5+6=19
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
3+3+5+1=12
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
WAIT, MERLIN, I MIGHT END UP WITH MOST POSTS THAN YOU ON THIS THREAD
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
I’m a decent DM and an above average rules lawyer I have several complete Pokedexes | I may be stupid, but at least I’m not smart! My favorite characters from dead threads; AMA: Aria, Rade, Kiano & Luz, Juniper, Ezra & Dr. Paine, Xi & his siblings, Misa Stay Paranoid!!! My Drummer given title is Swift as the Dragon, but The Diabolical One named me Virex the Whisperbrand, Architect of Echoes May the dice roll ever in your favor
Go to the forum games section, and press the little number on the side of this thread, that displays the number of posts on the thread
T:4+1+4+4=13
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
Well, Merlin, you described my life at work this year. I am going to bank something like 15 days of vacation because I didn't get a chance to take them.
As for the probability exercises ... Nuts!!
I looked up some references and they say I didn't get the right result. So now, I am second guessing my methodology.
I still see an 18 with 4d6 drop lowest as (4) x (1 x 1 x 1 x 6) / (1296) = 1.85%. One place said it was 21 / 1296 = 1.62%, and I can see how they get this number, I'm just not sure if it is right. But, if that is the right way, it's going to be harder for me to explain the formula for the rest.
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
4+1+5+4=14
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
The probability of rolling an 8 on an 8-sided die is 1/8.
Since each roll is an independent event, the probability of rolling an 8 four times in a row is found by multiplying the individual probabilities together:
I still see an 18 with 4d6 drop lowest as (4) x (1 x 1 x 1 x 6) / (1296) = 1.85%. One place said it was 21 / 1296 = 1.62%, and I can see how they get this number, I'm just not sure if it is right. But, if that is the right way, it's going to be harder for me to explain the formula for the rest.
I didn't even pay attention to this in depth and just assumed your 24/1296 solution was right, but obviously now that you say it, we have to exclude the case 6,6,6,6 from multiplying it by 4. therefore the formula should be ( (4)x(1x1x1x5)+1 )/(1296) which is 21/1296.
This makes a 17 interesting as well, because now we have to separate 2 cases again. Case 1: 6,6,5,X with X being one of {1,2,3,4} and Case 2: 6,6,5,5
Case 2 is easier to count the permutations. (6,6,5,5);(6,5,6,5);(6,5,5,6);(5,6,6,5);(5,6,5,6);(5,5,6,6). so 6 permutations Case 1 has 4!/2 =12 permutaions for each value that X can be.
So our final probability is ( (4)x(12)+(6) )/ (1296)=54/1296=1/24=4.17%
For the other numbers we will have to consider even more cases.
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
spare me, please
:1+1+3+6=11
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
This post has potentially manipulated dice roll results.
2+6+4+2=14
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나 My pronouns are Any/All/BOC Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
21
Hustle like I bag groceries
Bad hoes be on me then get mad lonely
'Cause I ain't getting too attached, I'm tryna grab trophies
And anything that's in the way just gettin' gassed, brodie
|------extended sig------|
4d8 attempt: 4 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 18
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
ALL HAIL O_MERLIN_O. 4D8 ATTEMPT:3+7+3+7=20
Hi, I'm Ellie!!!
My hobbies: reading, crocheting, tennis, petting my puppies, getting annoyed by said puppies. I love wuthering waves, I'm such a nerd about it lol. Pronouns: any except he/him
My best friendos: Tana, Bananer28046, and Gonzy! I’m probably forgetting some… Transfem minor :3
4d8 attempt: 5 + 8 + 4 + 7 = 24
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
Thats not good, merlin
:7+1+5+6=19
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
4d8 attempt: 1 + 3 + 5 + 4 = 13
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
3+3+5+1=12
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
WAIT, MERLIN, I MIGHT END UP WITH MOST POSTS THAN YOU ON THIS THREAD
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
4d8 attempt: 6 + 5 + 8 + 1 = 20
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
17
I’m a decent DM and an above average rules lawyer
I have several complete Pokedexes | I may be stupid, but at least I’m not smart!
My favorite characters from dead threads; AMA: Aria, Rade, Kiano & Luz, Juniper, Ezra & Dr. Paine, Xi & his siblings, Misa Stay Paranoid!!!
My Drummer given title is Swift as the Dragon, but The Diabolical One named me Virex the Whisperbrand, Architect of Echoes
May the dice roll ever in your favor
How does one check how many posts each of us has made on this thread?
4d8 attempt: 2 + 6 + 4 + 4 = 16
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
Go to the forum games section, and press the little number on the side of this thread, that displays the number of posts on the thread
T:4+1+4+4=13
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
(For a 32!!) Roll 4d8 = 7 + 1 + 8 + 1= 17
Well, Merlin, you described my life at work this year. I am going to bank something like 15 days of vacation because I didn't get a chance to take them.
As for the probability exercises ... Nuts!!
I looked up some references and they say I didn't get the right result. So now, I am second guessing my methodology.
I still see an 18 with 4d6 drop lowest as (4) x (1 x 1 x 1 x 6) / (1296) = 1.85%. One place said it was 21 / 1296 = 1.62%, and I can see how they get this number, I'm just not sure if it is right. But, if that is the right way, it's going to be harder for me to explain the formula for the rest.
4+1+5+4=14
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
4d8 attempt: 5 + 3 + 1 + 8 = 17
The probability of rolling an 8 on an 8-sided die is 1/8.
Since each roll is an independent event, the probability of rolling an 8 four times in a row is found by multiplying the individual probabilities together:
What is the probability of rolling a 6 four times in a row on a 6-sided dice?
The probability of rolling a 6-sided dice four times and having any three of those rolls result in a 6 is approximately 5/324 = 0.0154 = 1.54%.
Last to know and first to be blamed...
As a free action, can I regret my life choices?
(For a 32!!) Roll 4d8 = 1 + 6 + 1 + 8= 16
I don't know the spoiler trick.
Hope you have a good weekend.
I didn't even pay attention to this in depth and just assumed your 24/1296 solution was right, but obviously now that you say it, we have to exclude the case 6,6,6,6 from multiplying it by 4. therefore the formula should be ( (4)x(1x1x1x5)+1 )/(1296) which is 21/1296.
This makes a 17 interesting as well, because now we have to separate 2 cases again.
Case 1: 6,6,5,X with X being one of {1,2,3,4}
and Case 2: 6,6,5,5
Case 2 is easier to count the permutations. (6,6,5,5);(6,5,6,5);(6,5,5,6);(5,6,6,5);(5,6,5,6);(5,5,6,6). so 6 permutations
Case 1 has 4!/2 =12 permutaions for each value that X can be.
So our final probability is ( (4)x(12)+(6) )/ (1296)=54/1296=1/24=4.17%
For the other numbers we will have to consider even more cases.
4d8=12
7th Member of the High Roller Society
spare me, please
:1+1+3+6=11
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.
okay :D
4d8=20
7th Member of the High Roller Society
2+6+4+2=14
Hello! Call me Tana or 타나
My pronouns are Any/All/BOC
Disclaimer: Tana__ is not to be held responsible for any of the following events happening as a result of talking to Tana__, touching Tana__, or even just seeing Tana__: The rise of Tiamat, resurrection of Vecna, pissed-of genies, a complete and utter power change in the blood war, or a fate worse than a fate worse than total annihilation. Exist with Tana__ at your own risk.