Conversion of the Homebrew content created by ZowJr.
When two people that love each other decide that they wish to spend the rest of their life together, sometimes they consummate that bond by getting married. The ceremony of marriage is a sacred process that often involves the exchanging of rings between the two betrothed. These rings represent the eternal unity of the two souls and is a symbolic binding of fate between them.
Sometimes there is real magic that can come from this bond, and adventurers can get special rings crafted with enchantments or magical engravings that can quite literally grant power from the bond of matrimony. These rings are always made in pairs, and are either nearly identical in construction or made to be complementing opposites, such as two gold rings formed in the shape of a heart near the top or two silver rings, one with rubies encrusted on one and emeralds in the other. A powerful cleric with a true connection to their deity can imbue these rings with divine power, granting various different benefits to the two, so long as their fealty remains.
These items can only the attuned to by two humanoid creatures that have either been bonded by, or are in the process of being bound by, the ceremony of marriage. This attunement can only be maintained if the two creatures still hold feelings of true love towards each other and keep the emotional bond connecting their lives sacred.
The rings emit a very soft glow when the two bonded creatures are within 60 feet of each other, and shed dim light out to 5 feet when the two touch in an intimate way, such as holding hands, kissing or hugging. Six times per long rest, one of the creatures can use a bonus action to touch the two rings, and they shine bright light out to 30 feet and dim light out to an additional 30 feet for 1 hour.
Creatures attuned to this item set find themselves far more in tune with one another than they were prior to the bond If the creatures take 1 minute to concentrate, they know the direction and distance to their partner, as well as their emotional and physical state, as long as they are on the same plane of existence, for 8 hours.
While the creatures are attuned to this item set, they get the following benefits as long as they are within 60 feet of each other.
- The creatures can, once per long rest, give their partner advantage on any attack roll, saving throw or ability check.
- If one of the creatures falls under the effects of a charm that allows its actions to be controlled, it can immediately make the saving throw with advantage if it is ordered to bring their partner to harm or misfortune, even if it is indirect.
- Advantage on Medicine checks to stabilize the creatures when at 0 hit points.
- If the creatures are in darkness, either nonmagical or magical, or are blinded, they can see their partner as a softly glowing outline.
Once per long rest, if one of the partners takes damage that drops them to O hit points, the other partner can spend their reaction to take that damage and any other negative effect from the damage source instead The partner who is spared the damage receives the following effects for 1 minute, which replace the effects of their Protective Bond feature.
- +2 AC
- The creature can, once during the duration, give their partner an extra action that they can use to make one weapon attack, Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object.
- If the creature falls under the effects of a charm that allows its actions to be controlled, it can immediately end the effect on itself if it is ordered to bring their partner to harm or misfortune, even indirectly.
- The creature gets advantage on death saving throws, and immediately succeeds one death saving throw when brought to O hit points and not outright killed
- If the creature is in darkness, either nonmagical or magical, or blinded, they can see their partner clearly, as well as faintly see the most direct and least dangerous path to them.
Notes: pair of creatures that have been bonded in matrimony, Jewelry, Handwear