In DND beyond app, about a week ago after an update, my iPad stopped loading my books and characters and campaigns.
I use my iPad offline to read all the books Ive bought digitally - currently none of those are showing, my campaigns and characters are gone. I can only access my materials online now and that's not always practical when travelling.
I lodged a ticket, waiting 5 days. Eventually I was told "you have a google sign in connected" - that's it, not a suggestion to use it, to clear cookies, nothing, just an observation. So I logged in and out with that, no change, reported back - begging for help.
Another two days, I get a COPY PASTE response - I know it is because the intructions that go with it were copied into the reply - asking for account verification and giving instructions on changing my account log in method - which has NOTHING TO DO with my content not loading!!
How does someone who has spent huge amounts of money on digital assets and is a master tier subscriber get help! I can see myself going back and forth with either a robot or a junior for weeks at this rate.
Any advice - or is anyone from WOTC is reading, can you please help?
If anyone has any tips, please share - I've logged out, deleted the app, restarted iPad, reinstalled, logged back in and still it fails to load all content. Like either something is corrupted on the iPad or in my account - Im thinking account because there has a point release app update, repeated the steps above before downloading the new app and it still doesn't load my content.
No problems using website, but as stated, that's a workaround that only works when I actually have the internet, and in Australia the internet is often pretty third world and patchy, so I rely on offline access a lot.
If you open the app and click your avatar in the top left corner, what username does it show? If it’s anything other than an exact match for “Haebermeister”, then you’ve signed into a separate account from the one you’re using here on the web, which would explain why those are missing.
If it is the same, though, can you click “Support Information” on that screen and share that info here?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your iPad?
If that doesn't do the trick, then I'd respond back to support with that Support Information from both devices. That should prove that it's not an account sign-in issue. Make sure to emphasis that it works on the one device but not the other.
tried that multiple times, still talking to support but they just clicked the button to refresh my licenses. That won't help as all other platforms are fine, this is something specific to my iPad only and I have no idea where to turn for help/
Is there a limit to the number of mobile devices that can be attached to an account? I see 10 on my list, is that potentially the max and thats why its not working?
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
In DND beyond app, about a week ago after an update, my iPad stopped loading my books and characters and campaigns.
I use my iPad offline to read all the books Ive bought digitally - currently none of those are showing, my campaigns and characters are gone. I can only access my materials online now and that's not always practical when travelling.
I lodged a ticket, waiting 5 days. Eventually I was told "you have a google sign in connected" - that's it, not a suggestion to use it, to clear cookies, nothing, just an observation. So I logged in and out with that, no change, reported back - begging for help.
Another two days, I get a COPY PASTE response - I know it is because the intructions that go with it were copied into the reply - asking for account verification and giving instructions on changing my account log in method - which has NOTHING TO DO with my content not loading!!
How does someone who has spent huge amounts of money on digital assets and is a master tier subscriber get help! I can see myself going back and forth with either a robot or a junior for weeks at this rate.
Any advice - or is anyone from WOTC is reading, can you please help?
If anyone has any tips, please share - I've logged out, deleted the app, restarted iPad, reinstalled, logged back in and still it fails to load all content. Like either something is corrupted on the iPad or in my account - Im thinking account because there has a point release app update, repeated the steps above before downloading the new app and it still doesn't load my content.
No problems using website, but as stated, that's a workaround that only works when I actually have the internet, and in Australia the internet is often pretty third world and patchy, so I rely on offline access a lot.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIf you open the app and click your avatar in the top left corner, what username does it show? If it’s anything other than an exact match for “Haebermeister”, then you’ve signed into a separate account from the one you’re using here on the web, which would explain why those are missing.
If it is the same, though, can you click “Support Information” on that screen and share that info here?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Thanks for the super quick and helpful response!
yes its the same sign in on all platforms but only my ipad is playing up and refusing to load content.
app_version: 2.91.1 (236)
system_version: iPadOS 27.0
device_model: iPad13,16
manufacturer: Apple, Inc.
language: en
user_id: 120772390
Checked iPhone which is working fine.
app_version: 2.91.1 (236)
system_version: iOS 27.0
device_model: iPhone17,1
manufacturer: Apple, Inc.
language: en
user_id: 120772390
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorHave you tried deleting and reinstalling the app on your iPad?
If that doesn't do the trick, then I'd respond back to support with that Support Information from both devices. That should prove that it's not an account sign-in issue. Make sure to emphasis that it works on the one device but not the other.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
tried that multiple times, still talking to support but they just clicked the button to refresh my licenses. That won't help as all other platforms are fine, this is something specific to my iPad only and I have no idea where to turn for help/
Is there a limit to the number of mobile devices that can be attached to an account? I see 10 on my list, is that potentially the max and thats why its not working?