I built a warforged forge cleric for my group that is running 5e core/expanded/legacy but I am missing a bunch of spells- the thing that caught my attention was the third level spell Spirit Guardians.
When I go into sources, I have "5e Core Rules," "5e Expanded Rules," and "Legacy/Noncore" selected.
When I look at my known 3rd level spells and look at Filter By Source Category, it only says I have "5E EXPANDED RLES" available and only two spells available: Elemental Weapon and Protection from Energy.
Can anyone point me in a direction that will get my spells to show up? This is a little ridiculous.
It looks like you may be looking at the list of spells you've prepared, but you haven't manually prepared any, so you're only seeing the ones that are automatically prepared by your subclass features. Elemental Weapon and Protection from Energy are the two level 3 spells that are automatically prepared by your subclass.
You're correct that I was looking at the wrong list when I made the post. I updated below and added links to each character just in case that is helpful.
I created a new cleric to see if I missed a step but I enabled only 5e core/expanded/legacy, just like my current cleric, and I have 30 known 3rd level spells. Source Category shows 5E CORE RULES and 5E EXPANDED RULES. character link: https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/171671857
It appears that, for some reason, my first cleric isn't picking up the 5E core rules, even though that is selected in the Sources page of the character settings. I have deselected it, added only 5.5, added all sources, and set it back to only 5E/legacy and for some reason Core isn't added to my sheet.
It appears that, for some reason, my first cleric isn't picking up the 5E core rules, even though that is selected in the Sources page of the character settings. I have deselected it, added only 5.5, added all sources, and set it back to only 5E/legacy and for some reason Core isn't added to my sheet.
Are you using the 5e or 5.5e Cleric class? You can tell by looking at the class features and seeing if you select the subclass at level 1 (5e) or level 3 (5.5e).
If you're using the 5.5e class, you won't have access to the 5e versions of spells that have 5.5e versions. Turning off 5.5e Core would also cause the 5.5e versions to not appear, leaving very little.
I have gone through the process of stripping all the levels off the first character and then adding them back several times but only after I post here does it actually work. Le sigh. Thanks for the input everyone.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
I built a warforged forge cleric for my group that is running 5e core/expanded/legacy but I am missing a bunch of spells- the thing that caught my attention was the third level spell Spirit Guardians.
When I go into sources, I have "5e Core Rules," "5e Expanded Rules," and "Legacy/Noncore" selected.
When I look at my known 3rd level spells and look at Filter By Source Category, it only says I have "5E EXPANDED RLES" available and only two spells available: Elemental Weapon and Protection from Energy.
Can anyone point me in a direction that will get my spells to show up? This is a little ridiculous.
It looks like you may be looking at the list of spells you've prepared, but you haven't manually prepared any, so you're only seeing the ones that are automatically prepared by your subclass features. Elemental Weapon and Protection from Energy are the two level 3 spells that are automatically prepared by your subclass.
pronouns: he/she/they
You're correct that I was looking at the wrong list when I made the post. I updated below and added links to each character just in case that is helpful.
I have 11 known spells available on my character sheet. Source Category shows 5E EXPANDED RULES. character link: https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/161780135
I created a new cleric to see if I missed a step but I enabled only 5e core/expanded/legacy, just like my current cleric, and I have 30 known 3rd level spells. Source Category shows 5E CORE RULES and 5E EXPANDED RULES. character link: https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/171671857
It appears that, for some reason, my first cleric isn't picking up the 5E core rules, even though that is selected in the Sources page of the character settings. I have deselected it, added only 5.5, added all sources, and set it back to only 5E/legacy and for some reason Core isn't added to my sheet.
Are you using the 5e or 5.5e Cleric class? You can tell by looking at the class features and seeing if you select the subclass at level 1 (5e) or level 3 (5.5e).
If you're using the 5.5e class, you won't have access to the 5e versions of spells that have 5.5e versions. Turning off 5.5e Core would also cause the 5.5e versions to not appear, leaving very little.
pronouns: he/she/they
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorThat is indeed the reason. The first character is using the 5.5e Cleric class.
Those toggles only change what can be newly added to your sheet. It won’t remove anything that was already added.
If you want them to use the 5e Cleric class instead, you’ll need to remove the current class and select the 5e one instead.
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
I have gone through the process of stripping all the levels off the first character and then adding them back several times but only after I post here does it actually work. Le sigh. Thanks for the input everyone.