Hello. I went to play tonight with the group that I am in and the map will not show. It has always shown every week that I have played for over a year now. I'm at my wits end. I have tried refreshing, reloading, the page, reloading the browser and restarting the computer. Nothing has worked. I still get a really dark gray screen like always with all of the tools and buttons that are around the edges. I can even see the combat tracker. But, no map.
Please help me Mr. Wizard!!!
signed, frustrated
P.S. It still works for everyone else, just not me!
Yes, I tried it in chrome. I got an error message there. I also checked with a different dm on a different campaign and the same exact results with him. So, that narrows it down to me. But I don't know what to fix because the instructions that I found for this message, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn Hardware Acceleration on or off!
I tried, but I can't figure out how to attach an image.
The error just says that "We've detected that hardware acceleration is turned off. This setting is required for Maps to run." When searching google for how to turn this on, all of the instructions I can find, all lead me to things that are not there like the instructions say they are. I was in IT for many years as a support specialist at my large company, so I am a bit computer savvy. I know I have been out of the loop for years, but the mechanics are basically the same. That being said.
No I am not running a VPN or Kaspersky or any other security software. Except for my Norton Antivirus. I have changed nothing and have been running dnd beyond on my computer for over a year with no problems until now.
I don't have any other network to test it on nor any other device. I'm almost positive that it's my system, because this problem only happened to me in my group and I could recreate the same exact problem with another persons campaign and using different browsers. I just can't figure out what the problem is.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Hello. I went to play tonight with the group that I am in and the map will not show. It has always shown every week that I have played for over a year now. I'm at my wits end. I have tried refreshing, reloading, the page, reloading the browser and restarting the computer. Nothing has worked. I still get a really dark gray screen like always with all of the tools and buttons that are around the edges. I can even see the combat tracker. But, no map.
Please help me Mr. Wizard!!!
signed, frustrated
P.S. It still works for everyone else, just not me!
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorDo you get the same issue in another browser or on another device?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Yes, I tried it in chrome. I got an error message there. I also checked with a different dm on a different campaign and the same exact results with him. So, that narrows it down to me. But I don't know what to fix because the instructions that I found for this message, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn Hardware Acceleration on or off!
I tried, but I can't figure out how to attach an image.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorIf you want to share an image, there’s instructions here:
https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-beyond-general/general-discussion/193584-how-to-post-images-in-forum-posts-and-pms-here-on
Are you using a VPN or any security software like Kaspersky?
Does it happen on another network? Another device?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
The error just says that "We've detected that hardware acceleration is turned off. This setting is required for Maps to run." When searching google for how to turn this on, all of the instructions I can find, all lead me to things that are not there like the instructions say they are. I was in IT for many years as a support specialist at my large company, so I am a bit computer savvy. I know I have been out of the loop for years, but the mechanics are basically the same. That being said.
No I am not running a VPN or Kaspersky or any other security software. Except for my Norton Antivirus. I have changed nothing and have been running dnd beyond on my computer for over a year with no problems until now.
I don't have any other network to test it on nor any other device. I'm almost positive that it's my system, because this problem only happened to me in my group and I could recreate the same exact problem with another persons campaign and using different browsers. I just can't figure out what the problem is.