As the DM of multiple ongoing campaigns, I think it would be an incredibly useful feature to have a folder system for homebrew. For organization especially, since with several pages of unfinished homebrew projects, just having an alphabetical list isn't cutting it. Plus, a folder system could allow DMs to share only certain parts of their homebrew collection with players, without sharing half baked WIPs, or things from unrelated campaigns.
The whole homebrew system needs (and will get) an overhaul. But they're not touching it until they've done the game engine rebuild. They mentioned a few weeks ago they were in the opening stages of planning a new campaign system, so hopefully they'll take these repeated suggestions on board.
To quote from a similar request from 2 months ago:
WOTC_Zac: We're in the middle of our design work for rebuilding the Campaign Creation process, which will include the ability to limit what sources players can pull from within a campaign.
If you've got a wishlist of features, this thread is a great place to let us know!
Whenever they add folders, I wanna name them based on their contents. (A folder for SCP-related stuff would be named "SCP", A folder for Backrooms stuff would be named "Backrooms", a miscellaneous folder would be named "Miscellaneous", ETC)
Notes: Yes I've been making Backrooms Homebrew content. I only just started with the Faceling, which will be a species.
As the DM of multiple ongoing campaigns, I think it would be an incredibly useful feature to have a folder system for homebrew. For organization especially, since with several pages of unfinished homebrew projects, just having an alphabetical list isn't cutting it. Plus, a folder system could allow DMs to share only certain parts of their homebrew collection with players, without sharing half baked WIPs, or things from unrelated campaigns.
The whole homebrew system needs (and will get) an overhaul. But they're not touching it until they've done the game engine rebuild. They mentioned a few weeks ago they were in the opening stages of planning a new campaign system, so hopefully they'll take these repeated suggestions on board.
To quote from a similar request from 2 months ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndbeyond/comments/1vls3us/comment/p3418sy/
I'd imagine that once we can better control sources, there'll be an opportunity to better control homebrew.
In the meantime, what I've done is include a tag in the name of each monster and some other items I make. Makes them searchable as a category.
Whenever they add folders, I wanna name them based on their contents. (A folder for SCP-related stuff would be named "SCP", A folder for Backrooms stuff would be named "Backrooms", a miscellaneous folder would be named "Miscellaneous", ETC)
Notes: Yes I've been making Backrooms Homebrew content. I only just started with the Faceling, which will be a species.
Secure, Contain, Protect
A member of the once glorious, now-ruined Cult of Grammar. "Rest in peace, Great Dictionary. We can continue elsewhere."