If I'm creating a supplement I intend to sell, what are the rules/laws about mentioning items or monsters outside of the SRD/OGL?
I don't mean giving their stats or description. I mean simply naming them.
For example: yetis are not part of the Basic Rules/SRD. Can I legally use them as a monster in a supplement, as long as I don't reproduce their stat block (or if I give them a stat block of my own)?
HI there! You are technically asking for legal advice here, which is best given by a lawyer. To prevent you from receiving potentially incorrect information, I'm going to lock this thread.
If I'm creating a supplement I intend to sell, what are the rules/laws about mentioning items or monsters outside of the SRD/OGL?
I don't mean giving their stats or description. I mean simply naming them.
For example: yetis are not part of the Basic Rules/SRD. Can I legally use them as a monster in a supplement, as long as I don't reproduce their stat block (or if I give them a stat block of my own)?
I doubt that's a question anyone here could answer with confidence. You'd need to speak to someone who understands legal documents
HI there! You are technically asking for legal advice here, which is best given by a lawyer. To prevent you from receiving potentially incorrect information, I'm going to lock this thread.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket