It's been a hot minute since this was last brought up, so I wanted to ask if there has been any news about the older edition SRDs being released under Creative Commons. Back in 2023, WotC mentioned looking into the 3e/3.5e SRDs and also needing to review the 4e/GSL situation. The last answer I remember seeing was basically that there was no update yet, but that it was still something being looked at.
Has anything changed since then? Any official word on whether the material is still planned for CC release?
Haven't heard anything, and i am one of those that have been waiting around for them. Kinda think it will be a while since they seem to have other priorities and releases, and they keep "condensing" their workforce, so there aren't as many to work on it.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
He/Him. Loooooooooong time Player. The Dark days of the THAC0 system are behind us.
"Hope is a fire that burns in us all If only an ember, awaiting your call To rise up in triumph should we all unite The spark for change is yours to ignite." Kalandra - The State of the World
I know I say this every time it's brought up, but we haven't forgotten about this. I can't speak to the timeline, but this is still on our list.
Somewhat related, could we get an update to other Community endeavors? The internal content policy being public wasn't updated. Some of the recent blogs from Beyond and D&D Game leadership may be relevant to this page
I know I say this every time it's brought up, but we haven't forgotten about this. I can't speak to the timeline, but this is still on our list.
Somewhat related, could we get an update to other Community endeavors? The internal content policy being public wasn't updated. Some of the recent blogs from Beyond and D&D Game leadership may be relevant to this page
Yeah! I think the only two things on that graphic that haven't been fulfilled are the SRDs and the Internal Content Policy, which are both still "In Progress".
I believe we've done several play activity surveys since this, and we have sort of pivoted away from the Community Update format to a broader communication strategy, so this image is incredibly outdated. I can't say for certain whether we'll be doing updates in this format again, but we will continue to give updates on these things as we have more information.
Could I get an idea what the "Broader Communication strategy" is? cause I seem to be out of the loop or looking in the wrong places when I want reference official stances. Other than Reddit AMAs on specific hot button topics, I haven't heard much.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
He/Him. Loooooooooong time Player. The Dark days of the THAC0 system are behind us.
"Hope is a fire that burns in us all If only an ember, awaiting your call To rise up in triumph should we all unite The spark for change is yours to ignite." Kalandra - The State of the World
Could I get an idea what the "Broader Communication strategy" is? cause I seem to be out of the loop or looking in the wrong places when I want reference official stances. Other than Reddit AMAs on specific hot button topics, I haven't heard much.
For these specific topics, there hasn't been anything. What I mean by it is that we're making more announcements and being more communicative overall (blogs from more people on the team, regular changelogs, etc.)
So an update about these things might not be on the Community Update page, but a front page blog from the teams responsible. I hope that makes sense.
Could I get an idea what the "Broader Communication strategy" is? cause I seem to be out of the loop or looking in the wrong places when I want reference official stances. Other than Reddit AMAs on specific hot button topics, I haven't heard much.
For these specific topics, there hasn't been anything. What I mean by it is that we're making more announcements and being more communicative overall (blogs from more people on the team, regular changelogs, etc.)
So an update about these things might not be on the Community Update page, but a front page blog from the teams responsible. I hope that makes sense.
It would be nice if they were co-located on the community page as the blog moves quite fast with new product, new APs, and other items.
Could I get an idea what the "Broader Communication strategy" is? cause I seem to be out of the loop or looking in the wrong places when I want reference official stances. Other than Reddit AMAs on specific hot button topics, I haven't heard much.
For these specific topics, there hasn't been anything. What I mean by it is that we're making more announcements and being more communicative overall (blogs from more people on the team, regular changelogs, etc.)
So an update about these things might not be on the Community Update page, but a front page blog from the teams responsible. I hope that makes sense.
It would be nice if they were co-located on the community page as the blog moves quite fast with new product, new APs, and other items.
It's been a hot minute since this was last brought up, so I wanted to ask if there has been any news about the older edition SRDs being released under Creative Commons. Back in 2023, WotC mentioned looking into the 3e/3.5e SRDs and also needing to review the 4e/GSL situation. The last answer I remember seeing was basically that there was no update yet, but that it was still something being looked at.
Has anything changed since then? Any official word on whether the material is still planned for CC release?
Haven't heard anything, and i am one of those that have been waiting around for them. Kinda think it will be a while since they seem to have other priorities and releases, and they keep "condensing" their workforce, so there aren't as many to work on it.
He/Him. Loooooooooong time Player.
The Dark days of the THAC0 system are behind us.
"Hope is a fire that burns in us all If only an ember, awaiting your call
To rise up in triumph should we all unite
The spark for change is yours to ignite."
Kalandra - The State of the World
Still planned; no new news to report.
I know I say this every time it's brought up, but we haven't forgotten about this. I can't speak to the timeline, but this is still on our list.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
Somewhat related, could we get an update to other Community endeavors? The internal content policy being public wasn't updated. Some of the recent blogs from Beyond and D&D Game leadership may be relevant to this page
https://www.dndbeyond.com/community-update
Read my D&D thoughts at FullMoonStorytelling.com
Yeah! I think the only two things on that graphic that haven't been fulfilled are the SRDs and the Internal Content Policy, which are both still "In Progress".
I believe we've done several play activity surveys since this, and we have sort of pivoted away from the Community Update format to a broader communication strategy, so this image is incredibly outdated. I can't say for certain whether we'll be doing updates in this format again, but we will continue to give updates on these things as we have more information.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
Could I get an idea what the "Broader Communication strategy" is? cause I seem to be out of the loop or looking in the wrong places when I want reference official stances.
Other than Reddit AMAs on specific hot button topics, I haven't heard much.
He/Him. Loooooooooong time Player.
The Dark days of the THAC0 system are behind us.
"Hope is a fire that burns in us all If only an ember, awaiting your call
To rise up in triumph should we all unite
The spark for change is yours to ignite."
Kalandra - The State of the World
For these specific topics, there hasn't been anything. What I mean by it is that we're making more announcements and being more communicative overall (blogs from more people on the team, regular changelogs, etc.)
So an update about these things might not be on the Community Update page, but a front page blog from the teams responsible. I hope that makes sense.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
It would be nice if they were co-located on the community page as the blog moves quite fast with new product, new APs, and other items.
Read my D&D thoughts at FullMoonStorytelling.com
That's a great suggestion!
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket