I'm looking for some advice on recreating characters from the video game Octopath Traveler and bringing their concepts (Backstory, Background, occupation, etc.) into D&D format. For example, I took the former knight, Olberic Eisenberg, as a STR-CON based Battle Master Fighter because, in the game, he is THE tank and draws attention to himself. Another example is that Ophilia was an obvious choice as a Life Domain Cleric. And of course, Cyrus is an absolute Evoker. Another thing to note is that these characters are Human, so in 5.5e, they get a 2nd Origin Feat.
But I'm having some issues trying to figure out the Classes, Backgrounds, and potentially the 2nd Origin Feats for the rest of the characters. For example, which Bard subclass is appropriate for Primrose? Is she Glamour, or a Dancer because she IS a dancer in the video game? Or, dare I say it, a Valor Bard?
And don't get me started with Tressa and Alfyn (Merchant and Apothecary in the video game, respectively).
So, for those who have played Octopath Traveler with a passion, what are your opinions of how I should create the whole party as D&D characters? What would you suggest? This is with their choice of Class, Subclass, Background (5e and 5.5e) and their 2nd Origin Feat since they're all Humans. For the Spellcasters, what spells are perfect for them?
Note: no Multi-classing and Homebrew allowed. Same for "secondary classes" from the video game.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Greetings DMs and Adventurers,
I'm looking for some advice on recreating characters from the video game Octopath Traveler and bringing their concepts (Backstory, Background, occupation, etc.) into D&D format. For example, I took the former knight, Olberic Eisenberg, as a STR-CON based Battle Master Fighter because, in the game, he is THE tank and draws attention to himself. Another example is that Ophilia was an obvious choice as a Life Domain Cleric. And of course, Cyrus is an absolute Evoker. Another thing to note is that these characters are Human, so in 5.5e, they get a 2nd Origin Feat.
But I'm having some issues trying to figure out the Classes, Backgrounds, and potentially the 2nd Origin Feats for the rest of the characters. For example, which Bard subclass is appropriate for Primrose? Is she Glamour, or a Dancer because she IS a dancer in the video game? Or, dare I say it, a Valor Bard?
And don't get me started with Tressa and Alfyn (Merchant and Apothecary in the video game, respectively).
So, for those who have played Octopath Traveler with a passion, what are your opinions of how I should create the whole party as D&D characters? What would you suggest? This is with their choice of Class, Subclass, Background (5e and 5.5e) and their 2nd Origin Feat since they're all Humans. For the Spellcasters, what spells are perfect for them?
Note: no Multi-classing and Homebrew allowed. Same for "secondary classes" from the video game.