"You miss." That's the consequence for rolling a 1 in combat. Anything more is arbitrarily punishing the player.
My players love it. It depends on the player. 😊
Just wait until the player is a level 11 fighter who action surges. We’ll see how fun it is then.
As others have said, this really punishes martials. And it creates a weird situation where higher level martials in general, and fighters in particular are more likely to drop their weapon in any given round than lower-level ones. So a level 20 fighter, who’s meant to be the pinnacle of fighting skill with a weapon, has four chances to drop a weapon every round, (maybe more depending on the build) while a level 1 fighter has only 1. Meaning it’s likely that a level 20 fighter will drop their weapon 1 time per fight, while at level 1, that fighter was only dropping it 1 time across 4 or 5 fights.
My adventures have not reached that level yet, so I guess that's why they find it funny. Thanks to your comments I probably won't be using it at higher leveles. But at level 1-7 it's been pretty funny so far. 🤣
Yeah, I do it with monsters too.
My adventures have not reached that level yet, so I guess that's why they find it funny. Thanks to your comments I probably won't be using it at higher leveles. But at level 1-7 it's been pretty funny so far. 🤣