Sorry you're not going to get any suggestions if you are able to Homebrew things because homebrew can do anything, grant any ability. So you can just make him however you like if homebrew is allowed.
There is actually a sword that gives charges usable to achieve divine smite, action surge and rage, but I belive it can’t be dual wielded, and Kratos is more well known for his two short swords rather than the longsword of Mount Olympus. Still, it’s a version of him.
On that note, I want to say it sounds like you need to decide personally or do some research as to which class is the best dual wielder. Keep in mind for best results you want to use a shortsword and scimitar, so it won’t be the exact same as Kratos, but you can always reflavor them however you want.
Having said that, dual wielding revolves around dexterity to the point that their related feats only grant dexterity. I believe you can still attack with strength, but it would be suboptimal.
Surprisingly, Paladins have become great dual wielders as long as you stay Paladin and go for a dexterity build. Check out the Dungeon Dudes video on it.
The more I think about it… does the current iteration of Kratos dual wield, or does he rely on a two-handed weapon like an axe. Depending on the answer, you may just want to go the one weapon barbarian route.
Actually, I don’t know the full story on Kratos two swords he usually uses, but if they are sentient that screams Hexblade Warlock.
I’ve never actually played the games, but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t wear much if any armor, and the class that does that and matches Kratos best is definitely the Barbarian.
I am trying to make Kratos as a character for a campaign coming next month and I think I have the base but I would like some tips/tricks/advice.
I found these Homebrew for his gear:
The Wings of Icarus - Magic Items - Homebrew - D&D Beyond
Claws of Hades - Magic Items - Homebrew - D&D Beyond
The Shield of Helios - Magic Items - Homebrew - D&D Beyond
The Shield of Helios - Magic Items - Homebrew - D&D Beyond
This was a good background I saw:
Spartan - Backgrounds - Homebrew - D&D Beyond
I am planning on doing 10 levels in Path of the Giant Berserker and Oath of Vengeance Paladin
And this is the race I homebrewed that I thought would be good for Kratos:
Ascended Human
Any thoughts?
Sorry you're not going to get any suggestions if you are able to Homebrew things because homebrew can do anything, grant any ability. So you can just make him however you like if homebrew is allowed.
5th edition I assume? Because in 5.5 Divine Smite is a spell, and Barbarian’s can’t use spells while raging.
That's true but I am new to the homebrew side of things so I don't know how to make everything exactly how I want it
What do you want it to be?
There is actually a sword that gives charges usable to achieve divine smite, action surge and rage, but I belive it can’t be dual wielded, and Kratos is more well known for his two short swords rather than the longsword of Mount Olympus. Still, it’s a version of him.
On that note, I want to say it sounds like you need to decide personally or do some research as to which class is the best dual wielder. Keep in mind for best results you want to use a shortsword and scimitar, so it won’t be the exact same as Kratos, but you can always reflavor them however you want.
Having said that, dual wielding revolves around dexterity to the point that their related feats only grant dexterity. I believe you can still attack with strength, but it would be suboptimal.
Surprisingly, Paladins have become great dual wielders as long as you stay Paladin and go for a dexterity build. Check out the Dungeon Dudes video on it.
The more I think about it… does the current iteration of Kratos dual wield, or does he rely on a two-handed weapon like an axe. Depending on the answer, you may just want to go the one weapon barbarian route.
Actually, I don’t know the full story on Kratos two swords he usually uses, but if they are sentient that screams Hexblade Warlock.
I’ve never actually played the games, but from what I’ve seen he doesn’t wear much if any armor, and the class that does that and matches Kratos best is definitely the Barbarian.
Which version of Kratos are you trying to create?