Hello! I just recently leveled up my druid and took Circle of the Symbiote. The Symbiotic Transformation description, specifically on the Actions tab, shows some broken math:
As a Bonus Action, you can expend one use of Wild Shape to allow your symbiote to transform you. For 1 minute, you gain a +2 bonus to AC, you gain 2+((classlevel/2)@rounddown) - Unknown value modifier type: rounddown) Temp HP at the start of each of your turns, and you gain Advantage on Dex (Stealth) checks.
Funny thing is I found the attune option after I made the post. My DM found it hilarious, I didn't realize there was an attune spot on DND beyond. Still getting use to te app.
Hello! I just recently leveled up my druid and took Circle of the Symbiote. The Symbiotic Transformation description, specifically on the Actions tab, shows some broken math:
Fixed!
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
I am confused by the feline chaos spell, either there is a few sentences missing or it's basically a 36 meters sphere centered on you where EVERYBODY takes damage. The cats are also barely mentioned.
The Feline Chaos spell is missing "A horde of spectral cats rushes from your outstretched hands to swarm over an area. You target creatures of your choice in a 20-foot-radius Sphere centered on a point within range" at the start of its description, along with the sphere tag.
The Mythos offer power at the price of everything else. As an optional rule, when you expend a spell slot to cast a mythos spell, you must make a Wisdom saving throw equal to 15 plus the level of the spell slot expended. On a failed save, you gain the following Passion with a rating of +10.
Power at Any Cost
You have tasted the boundless power the Old Ones offer, and you can’t shake this lure. Whenever you cast a spell, you must use one of the spells presented here provided it is appropriate to the situation. If you have the opportunity to acquire and attune to a Mythos Tome, you seek to do so at any cost."
That line about "Passion with a rating of +10" is something I don't understand. (I've spotted no where in the book that talks about a Passion having a "rating.")
The most likely meaning that I've found so far is that it's related to the benefit gained when invoking a Passion: "Invoking a Passion When you make a d20 Test, you can add a +5 bonus to the roll"
Does that +10 above just replace the +5 when the passion is invoked?
Hello! I just recently leveled up my druid and took Circle of the Symbiote. The Symbiotic Transformation description, specifically on the Actions tab, shows some broken math:
I noticed that on dnd beyond the necronomicon spells and abilities don't get added to the spell list
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorDid you attune to it?
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
Funny thing is I found the attune option after I made the post. My DM found it hilarious, I didn't realize there was an attune spot on DND beyond. Still getting use to te app.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorNeed help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
The Fingerprint Kit and Witchboard does not appear in proficiency Dropbox.
I am confused by the feline chaos spell, either there is a few sentences missing or it's basically a 36 meters sphere centered on you where EVERYBODY takes damage. The cats are also barely mentioned.
-
View User Profile
-
View Posts
-
Send Message
ModeratorFixed!
Need help with D&D Beyond? Come ask in the official D&D server on Discord: https://discord.gg/dnd
The Feline Chaos spell is missing "A horde of spectral cats rushes from your outstretched hands to swarm over an area. You target creatures of your choice in a 20-foot-radius Sphere centered on a point within range" at the start of its description, along with the sphere tag.
Both parties have given consent to fix it.
Don't know why it hasn't been fixed.
DM, player & homebrewer(Current homebrew project is an unofficial conversion of SBURB/SGRUB from Homestuck into DND 5e)
Once made Maxwell's Silver Hammer come down upon Strahd's head to make sure he was dead.
Always study & sharpen philosophical razors. They save a lot of trouble.
That line about "Passion with a rating of +10" is something I don't understand. (I've spotted no where in the book that talks about a Passion having a "rating.")
The most likely meaning that I've found so far is that it's related to the benefit gained when invoking a Passion:
"Invoking a Passion
When you make a d20 Test, you can add a +5 bonus to the roll"
Does that +10 above just replace the +5 when the passion is invoked?
I just added the Feline Grace spell to a character. The prone and incapacitated conditions have what look like generic tooltips that don't work but link to this page instead: https://oghma-stg.dndbeyond.com/monsters/homunculus.
EDIT: Seems to be like that everywhere.
They/Them
My Links