Follow-up on Spellfire Spark's d4 Magical Absorption: Just realized it is "once per turn" (not once per round), that means you can use it once for each enemy that hits you with magical damage? So potentially multiple times per round, yes?
Correct.
Unlike a lot of similar things, this doesn't use your Reaction, so the only functional limit on how many times it can be used in a round is the number of turns in which someone throws a damaging magical effect your way.
Very cool. I definitely didn’t clock that when I picked this for my Cleric. Mainly just wanted to weaponize my Bonus Action and thought that d4 Magical Absorption was just a nice extra.
But that’s some subtle damage reduction potential, costing no action economy. Now I just have to remember to use it, lol.
Correct.
Unlike a lot of similar things, this doesn't use your Reaction, so the only functional limit on how many times it can be used in a round is the number of turns in which someone throws a damaging magical effect your way.
pronouns: he/she/they
Very cool. I definitely didn’t clock that when I picked this for my Cleric. Mainly just wanted to weaponize my Bonus Action and thought that d4 Magical Absorption was just a nice extra.
But that’s some subtle damage reduction potential, costing no action economy. Now I just have to remember to use it, lol.