But a fair amount of content was removed, such as some subraces, and subclasses.
The Basic Rules (2014) and Free Rules (2024) are supposed to be introductory materials for folks new to D&D. They were never meant to have, and never have had, as much content as the books do.
Yes, but the 2014 Player's Handbook isn't available as it was before.
I just tried to get at it again, and now I can--yay! I guess it was just a burp in the system.
Must have been! We have no plans to remove the 2014 Core Rulebooks from DDB, and if you've purchased them, they won't be removed from your sources.
I wonder if it might also have been confusion with shifting them off the default list when hovering over sources on desktop.
Through me for a loop when I could no longer easily access it from there and instead had to go to All Sources and then search it.
Interesting! It's still available in my menu:
Apologies for being imprecise.
libcub had mentioned the PHB. So I was talking about the PHB no longer being automatically included in the dropdown. But with the context of the thread overall being about the Basic Rules I certainly could've been more specific.
But it is the same for me with the Basic Rules showing up in my dropdown.
Hi, does the basic FREE rules for legacy still exist on dndbeynond? Can't find it.
Yes.
Basic Rules for 5.0
This is a signature. It was a simple signature. But it has been upgraded.
Belolonandalogalo, Sunny
Eggo Lass, Bone and Oblivion | Tendilius Mondhaven Paxaramus, Drakkenheim
Karl Erikson, No Guts No Glory | Chipper, Curse of Strahd
Silverwood Group 1 | Silverwood Group 2
Get rickrolled here. Awesome music here. Track 53, 8/30/26, Alphabet Shuffle
But a fair amount of content was removed, such as some subraces, and subclasses.
The Basic Rules (2014) and Free Rules (2024) are supposed to be introductory materials for folks new to D&D. They were never meant to have, and never have had, as much content as the books do.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
Yes, but the 2014 Player's Handbook isn't available as it was before.
I just tried to get at it again, and now I can--yay! I guess it was just a burp in the system.
Must have been! We have no plans to remove the 2014 Core Rulebooks from DDB, and if you've purchased them, they won't be removed from your sources.
Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
I wonder if it might also have been confusion with shifting them off the default list when hovering over sources on desktop.
Through me for a loop when I could no longer easily access it from there and instead had to go to All Sources and then search it.
This is a signature. It was a simple signature. But it has been upgraded.
Belolonandalogalo, Sunny
Eggo Lass, Bone and Oblivion | Tendilius Mondhaven Paxaramus, Drakkenheim
Karl Erikson, No Guts No Glory | Chipper, Curse of Strahd
Silverwood Group 1 | Silverwood Group 2
Get rickrolled here. Awesome music here. Track 53, 8/30/26, Alphabet Shuffle
Interesting! It's still available in my menu:

Useful Links: Site Rules & Guidelines | D&D Educator Resources | Change Your Nickname | Submit a Support Ticket
Apologies for being imprecise.
libcub had mentioned the PHB. So I was talking about the PHB no longer being automatically included in the dropdown. But with the context of the thread overall being about the Basic Rules I certainly could've been more specific.
But it is the same for me with the Basic Rules showing up in my dropdown.
This is a signature. It was a simple signature. But it has been upgraded.
Belolonandalogalo, Sunny
Eggo Lass, Bone and Oblivion | Tendilius Mondhaven Paxaramus, Drakkenheim
Karl Erikson, No Guts No Glory | Chipper, Curse of Strahd
Silverwood Group 1 | Silverwood Group 2
Get rickrolled here. Awesome music here. Track 53, 8/30/26, Alphabet Shuffle
The 2024 Player's Handbook is in the featured sources list, but the 2014 Player's Handbook is not.
This. Yes.
I find it annoying they did this. Had to make a book mark for it.