It would be significantly less overhaul than instituting a single character class and would provide Homebrewers the canvas needed to "make" more. I fully reject the notion that including a blank class would require any "overhaul" of the back end, especially since the comparison made was between "adding an empty class" and "making it so we can homebrew classes".
Okay. I'm just telling you what they've told us, but perhaps you have some visibility into how the character builder works internally that I don't.
It would be significantly less overhaul than instituting a single character class and would provide Homebrewers the canvas needed to "make" more. I fully reject the notion that including a blank class would require any "overhaul" of the back end, especially since the comparison made was between "adding an empty class" and "making it so we can homebrew classes".
Okay. I'm just telling you what they've told us, but perhaps you have some visibility into how the character builder works internally that I don't.
Either you're not arguing in good faith, or you're not understanding what I'm asking for. But that's fine, others seem to have gotten the memo and understand that an empty scaffolding for Homebrew is a lot more attainable than redesigning the entire back-end to accommodate outright homebrew classes.
You can’t homebrew your own class… I would like a blank class to customize.
I been wanting them to allow us to use a blank sheet with nothing selected
Exactly. We can homebrew a subclass for it that emulates a full class and use Class Options to emulate Subclasses. It would even make the option to adjust to Full or Half Caster in the subclass creation options mean something.
Still missing: A filter to remove published NPCs from the Monster lists. Searching "Humanoid" shouldn't produce 46 pages of stats you have to search through.
Please add a DM setting that controls animated-map playback. Only the DM should be able to start, stop, pause, or change an animated map. Players should see the animation but should not be able to control it independently. This would keep every player synchronized and prevent accidental pauses or restarts during a session.
Some minor adjustments. When you open the journal it would be great if by default it would show the most recent note, so you don't have to scroll down to read it. Also while viewing the journal it would be good to have the option to add a note, without having to close the journal and then press J.
I low key just wish there was a way to add charms and boons without home brewing a feat in the character sheet, like so many of the books make reference to them and it feels odd that they aren't available after all this time.
Adding D&D Drops to a selectable source for races, classes, subclasses, spells, magic items, etc. because right now even though Drops has the Sorrow Knight, there's no way to make one without making it from scratch in homebrew which is not easy nor intuitive to use.
Adding D&D Drops to a selectable source for races, classes, subclasses, spells, magic items, etc. because right now even though Drops has the Sorrow Knight, there's no way to make one without making it from scratch in homebrew which is not easy nor intuitive to use.
Are you asking for the ability to use it as a template for a homebrew subclass? It seems to be available in that context if you have a subscription. I just tried it.
Or are you talking about the character builder? It's available in that context to. "D&D Beyond Drops" is a Source Category right below "5.5e Expanded Rules".
Okay. I'm just telling you what they've told us, but perhaps you have some visibility into how the character builder works internally that I don't.
pronouns: he/she/they
Either you're not arguing in good faith, or you're not understanding what I'm asking for. But that's fine, others seem to have gotten the memo and understand that an empty scaffolding for Homebrew is a lot more attainable than redesigning the entire back-end to accommodate outright homebrew classes.
Exactly. We can homebrew a subclass for it that emulates a full class and use Class Options to emulate Subclasses. It would even make the option to adjust to Full or Half Caster in the subclass creation options mean something.
Still missing: A filter to remove published NPCs from the Monster lists. Searching "Humanoid" shouldn't produce 46 pages of stats you have to search through.
Please add a DM setting that controls animated-map playback. Only the DM should be able to start, stop, pause, or change an animated map. Players should see the animation but should not be able to control it independently. This would keep every player synchronized and prevent accidental pauses or restarts during a session.
Some minor adjustments. When you open the journal it would be great if by default it would show the most recent note, so you don't have to scroll down to read it. Also while viewing the journal it would be good to have the option to add a note, without having to close the journal and then press J.
I would like to see the following new types of homebrew things:
Secure, Contain, Protect
A member of the once glorious, now-ruined Cult of Grammar. "Rest in peace, Great Dictionary. We can continue elsewhere."
I low key just wish there was a way to add charms and boons without home brewing a feat in the character sheet, like so many of the books make reference to them and it feels odd that they aren't available after all this time.
YES PLEASE! Let us worldbulders go feral! Moar options, please! I wanna build my whole sourcebook in D&D beyond!
No, seriously, i'm not joking, I have over 1500 pages of notes, lore, and mechanics mother of lord!
DARKMODE!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF PELOR!!!
Adding D&D Drops to a selectable source for races, classes, subclasses, spells, magic items, etc. because right now even though Drops has the Sorrow Knight, there's no way to make one without making it from scratch in homebrew which is not easy nor intuitive to use.
Are you asking for the ability to use it as a template for a homebrew subclass? It seems to be available in that context if you have a subscription. I just tried it.
Or are you talking about the character builder? It's available in that context to. "D&D Beyond Drops" is a Source Category right below "5.5e Expanded Rules".
pronouns: he/she/they