It's not one place. Everywhere I can find the PHB, it's between £27-£36. Every major retailer that sells, every place that I trust, is in that range. Free in store pick up (one exception is where they charge you something like £5 but give you £5 voucher, even without the voucher, they're still substantially below £42 I think the MSRP) for most, the rest do free home delivery. I had a quick look in California (since so many people complain that it's so expensive there), first site I found, $30 with free store pick-up, which makes it cheap even for me (barring flights...dangit). Just looked at Amazon, free delivery, $28 for Tasha's.
Some people might not be able to get it at below MSRP at the store of their choice, but as I said, MSRP means little. Some stores will sell it there. I've yet to find one in the UK that doesn't sell it for cheaper. MSRP seems to be a ceiling even in the US, not the price you have to pay. MSRP is just a price that WotC reckons retailers can sell it for. Retailers seem to disagree, and they're the ones that matter.
If you're not willing or able to to discuss in good faith, then don't be surprised if I don't respond, there are better things in life for me to do than humour you. This signature is that response.
Even if your experience is the norm for the UK, that means nothing for people who don't live in the UK.
Yep, every physical store around me (FLGS, general bookstore, department store, etc.) sells them at MSRP. The only way I would have to get it less than that is ordering online to be delivered. I can't recall the last time I saw a D&D book/boxed set in-person being sold for less than cover price that wasn't used or an old edition.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
It's not one place. Everywhere I can find the PHB, it's between £27-£36. Every major retailer that sells, every place that I trust, is in that range. Free in store pick up (one exception is where they charge you something like £5 but give you £5 voucher, even without the voucher, they're still substantially below £42 I think the MSRP) for most, the rest do free home delivery. I had a quick look in California (since so many people complain that it's so expensive there), first site I found, $30 with free store pick-up, which makes it cheap even for me (barring flights...dangit). Just looked at Amazon, free delivery, $28 for Tasha's.
Some people might not be able to get it at below MSRP at the store of their choice, but as I said, MSRP means little. Some stores will sell it there. I've yet to find one in the UK that doesn't sell it for cheaper. MSRP seems to be a ceiling even in the US, not the price you have to pay. MSRP is just a price that WotC reckons retailers can sell it for. Retailers seem to disagree, and they're the ones that matter.
If you're not willing or able to to discuss in good faith, then don't be surprised if I don't respond, there are better things in life for me to do than humour you. This signature is that response.
Even if your experience is the norm for the UK, that means nothing for people who don't live in the UK.
Find your own truth, choose your enemies carefully, and never deal with a dragon.
"Canon" is what's factual to D&D lore. "Cannon" is what you're going to be shot with if you keep getting the word wrong.
Yep, every physical store around me (FLGS, general bookstore, department store, etc.) sells them at MSRP. The only way I would have to get it less than that is ordering online to be delivered. I can't recall the last time I saw a D&D book/boxed set in-person being sold for less than cover price that wasn't used or an old edition.