Not at all, so when the humans split into Bhakkii tribes and Undercave gnomes, the Bhakkii humans needed a better way to protect themselves from the gnolls and Dire Elves and all that. Shamans aren't advanced enough to make complex magic items, so they did the next best thing: enchanting the warriors themselves. Tattoos have symbolic meanings among the common folk, and often signifying rank. They aren't all magic, only the ones for warriors and shamans. Tattoos are basically the equivalent of spells for them. Shamans are basically druids, so be on the lookout for a homebrew Circle of the Tattoo Writer.
Are they like spell scrolls or do they say give a +1 to a persons attack. If they are like spell scrolls do the auto cast or do they need to be activated. What are they kinds of effects they would give? Maybe some weaker ones auto cast and the ones that need to be activated have some kind of feedback effect into the user. Like a person who cast fire ball will have burns around their tattoos
Not at all, so when the humans split into Bhakkii tribes and Undercave gnomes, the Bhakkii humans needed a better way to protect themselves from the gnolls and Dire Elves and all that. Shamans aren't advanced enough to make complex magic items, so they did the next best thing: enchanting the warriors themselves. Tattoos have symbolic meanings among the common folk, and often signifying rank. They aren't all magic, only the ones for warriors and shamans. Tattoos are basically the equivalent of spells for them. Shamans are basically druids, so be on the lookout for a homebrew Circle of the Tattoo Writer.
Circle of the Tattooist sounds better and simpler. So this world is pretty low-tech and magical, but even the magic is primitive. How do wizards and warlocks fit into that? I imagine warlocks can have their patrons be lesser spirits (like GameCubes haha) but I'm wondering how a wizard's magical knowledge fits into a world of shamans. And how are sorcerers typically viewed?
Shamans are mainly for humans. Green Elves favor wizards and warlocks, and so do genasi. Sorcerers are viewed among humans as gifted by higher powers, and get special tattoos.
There is a special kind of tree that binds the faewild to the material plane, it requires very specific magics to grow and is a very well kept secret by the green elves. They use the trees as fixed land marks in the faewild and as fast travel on the material plane. It’s said that if all the trees are destroyed then the faewild shall disappear on planer tides. (Yggdrasil trees maybe?)
There is a special kind of tree that binds the faewild to the material plane, it requires very specific magics to grow and is a very well kept secret by the green elves. They use the trees as fixed land marks in the faewild and as fast travel on the material plane. It’s said that if all the trees are destroyed then the faewild shall disappear on planer tides. (Yggdrasil trees maybe?)
Cool! I may need to change the planar model if theirs a feywild involved!
Maybe the lizardfolk live underground in this world, and they could be the ones who torment the Undercave gnomes.
That sounds kinda like a kobold. If you want you can have kobolds and lizardfolk be like goblins and hobgoblins (I heard somewhere that goblins were originally hobgoblin slaves). Maybe the dragons of Tanmar convinced the kobolds to break off and gave them draconic powers for doing so.
Do you think the dragons of this world should be traditional D&D dragons, or should they be like the dragons of Far Eastern myth?
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
I like it, the Crystal I’m not sure about the gnomes but an underdark that isn’t dark sounds neat. Maybe bioluminescence mushrooms and glowing Crystal in the area for Mara and Lava falls and darkness for the areas of Aberros
Maybe the lizardfolk live underground in this world, and they could be the ones who torment the Undercave gnomes.
That sounds kinda like a kobold. If you want you can have kobolds and lizardfolk be like goblins and hobgoblins (I heard somewhere that goblins were originally hobgoblin slaves). Maybe the dragons of Tanmar convinced the kobolds to break off and gave them draconic powers for doing so.
Do you think the dragons of this world should be traditional D&D dragons, or should they be like the dragons of Far Eastern myth?
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
Like Quetzalcoatl or thunder birds? I know a bit about the area but there isn’t really a general dragon for the area that I know of
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
I like it, the Crystal I’m not sure about the gnomes but an underdark that isn’t dark sounds neat. Maybe bioluminescence mushrooms and glowing Crystal in the area for Mara and Lava falls and darkness for the areas of Aberros
Nice. Fire giants could inhabit Aberros, were they would be able to create weapons and war machines for the armies of Aberros
Maybe the lizardfolk live underground in this world, and they could be the ones who torment the Undercave gnomes.
That sounds kinda like a kobold. If you want you can have kobolds and lizardfolk be like goblins and hobgoblins (I heard somewhere that goblins were originally hobgoblin slaves). Maybe the dragons of Tanmar convinced the kobolds to break off and gave them draconic powers for doing so.
Do you think the dragons of this world should be traditional D&D dragons, or should they be like the dragons of Far Eastern myth?
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
Like Quetzalcoatl or thunder birds? I know a bit about the area but there isn’t really a general dragon for the area that I know of
Quetzalcoatl are dinosaur like dragons that could reach massive sizes.
Maybe the lizardfolk live underground in this world, and they could be the ones who torment the Undercave gnomes.
That sounds kinda like a kobold. If you want you can have kobolds and lizardfolk be like goblins and hobgoblins (I heard somewhere that goblins were originally hobgoblin slaves). Maybe the dragons of Tanmar convinced the kobolds to break off and gave them draconic powers for doing so.
Do you think the dragons of this world should be traditional D&D dragons, or should they be like the dragons of Far Eastern myth?
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
Like Quetzalcoatl or thunder birds? I know a bit about the area but there isn’t really a general dragon for the area that I know of
Quetzalcoatl are dinosaur like dragons that could reach massive sizes.
Quetzalcoatl is the feathered serpent/dragon god of the Aztecs. I guess the name also applies to a dinosaur but I was referring to the god
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
I like it, the Crystal I’m not sure about the gnomes but an underdark that isn’t dark sounds neat. Maybe bioluminescence mushrooms and glowing Crystal in the area for Mara and Lava falls and darkness for the areas of Aberros
Nice. Fire giants could inhabit Aberros, were they would be able to create weapons and war machines for the armies of Aberros
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
I like it, the Crystal I’m not sure about the gnomes but an underdark that isn’t dark sounds neat. Maybe bioluminescence mushrooms and glowing Crystal in the area for Mara and Lava falls and darkness for the areas of Aberros
Nice. Fire giants could inhabit Aberros, were they would be able to create weapons and war machines for the armies of Aberros
That sounds great
If anything, shouldn't they be fire GNOLLS? Gnolls of a fire and brimstone theme, like normal ones but super beefed up to directly serve Aberros.
Hellhound Gnolls? Anyways he can have different races serving him so we can still do fire giants
Not at all, so when the humans split into Bhakkii tribes and Undercave gnomes, the Bhakkii humans needed a better way to protect themselves from the gnolls and Dire Elves and all that. Shamans aren't advanced enough to make complex magic items, so they did the next best thing: enchanting the warriors themselves. Tattoos have symbolic meanings among the common folk, and often signifying rank. They aren't all magic, only the ones for warriors and shamans. Tattoos are basically the equivalent of spells for them. Shamans are basically druids, so be on the lookout for a homebrew Circle of the Tattoo Writer.
I am an Arachpriest, Cat Cultist, Sauce Monk, Angel of Death, and First Spinjitzu Master.
I play Thirteen the necromancer elf, Timber the tabaxi child, and more at the tavern. Hope you like yams!
Oh yeah, don't forget to be kind and loving and stuff. Not on during weekends.
Are they like spell scrolls or do they say give a +1 to a persons attack. If they are like spell scrolls do the auto cast or do they need to be activated. What are they kinds of effects they would give? Maybe some weaker ones auto cast and the ones that need to be activated have some kind of feedback effect into the user. Like a person who cast fire ball will have burns around their tattoos
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Shamans are mainly for humans. Green Elves favor wizards and warlocks, and so do genasi. Sorcerers are viewed among humans as gifted by higher powers, and get special tattoos.
I am an Arachpriest, Cat Cultist, Sauce Monk, Angel of Death, and First Spinjitzu Master.
I play Thirteen the necromancer elf, Timber the tabaxi child, and more at the tavern. Hope you like yams!
Oh yeah, don't forget to be kind and loving and stuff. Not on during weekends.
Here is a list of the first of each race, which are considered minor deities.
If you want me to change them, reply to this post.
I am an Arachpriest, Cat Cultist, Sauce Monk, Angel of Death, and First Spinjitzu Master.
I play Thirteen the necromancer elf, Timber the tabaxi child, and more at the tavern. Hope you like yams!
Oh yeah, don't forget to be kind and loving and stuff. Not on during weekends.
There is a special kind of tree that binds the faewild to the material plane, it requires very specific magics to grow and is a very well kept secret by the green elves. They use the trees as fixed land marks in the faewild and as fast travel on the material plane. It’s said that if all the trees are destroyed then the faewild shall disappear on planer tides.
(Yggdrasil trees maybe?)
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Cool! I may need to change the planar model if theirs a feywild involved!
I am an Arachpriest, Cat Cultist, Sauce Monk, Angel of Death, and First Spinjitzu Master.
I play Thirteen the necromancer elf, Timber the tabaxi child, and more at the tavern. Hope you like yams!
Oh yeah, don't forget to be kind and loving and stuff. Not on during weekends.
Id suggest that you look throught homebrew to find races and items and stuff like that.
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
What if Mara had a realm that was similar to the plane of Earth, where there is no sky. This place could be dominated by gnomes and crystals could light the ceilings of great caverns like stars.
I like it, the Crystal I’m not sure about the gnomes but an underdark that isn’t dark sounds neat. Maybe bioluminescence mushrooms and glowing Crystal in the area for Mara and Lava falls and darkness for the areas of Aberros
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Like Quetzalcoatl or thunder birds? I know a bit about the area but there isn’t really a general dragon for the area that I know of
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Nice. Fire giants could inhabit Aberros, were they would be able to create weapons and war machines for the armies of Aberros
Quetzalcoatl are dinosaur like dragons that could reach massive sizes.
Quetzalcoatl is the feathered serpent/dragon god of the Aztecs. I guess the name also applies to a dinosaur but I was referring to the god
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
That sounds great
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Hellhound Gnolls? Anyways he can have different races serving him so we can still do fire giants
Mostly nocturnal
help build a world here
Or maybe far western such as North America and South America
Like Quetzalcoatl or thunder birds? I know a bit about the area but there isn’t really a general dragon for the area that I know of
Quetzalcoatl are dinosaur like dragons that could reach massive sizes.
Quetzalcoatl is the feathered serpent/dragon god of the Aztecs. I guess the name also applies to a dinosaur but I was referring to the god
I put dinosaur in there because some people(me included) believe that the Quetzalcoatl was based off the last living pterosaurs.